Le Grill menu

markser

I have read that Le Grill is basically Asian/Fusion at dinner. Are there entrees that are not Asian/Fusion as well? We would like to eat dinner on deck once but Asian/Fusion is not our thing.

I believe there are sample menus somewhere on this thread but I couldn't find them even using the search function. Can someone help me find a sample menu for Le Grill?

Thanks.

I have a copy of a menu from 2010 .Wish I could remember where I got it so I could attribute them- but one of our helpful members here posted it on a website or maybe just emailed me, I honestly can't remember now! ( if it was one of you- please refresh my memory!)

No idea if it's the same now, but here goes (on my iPad with limited computer equipment here, so I cant scan it for you:()

Tahitian Lagoon Marmite- described as a mix of prawns, scallops, mussels, calamari and fish in Tahitian lime and ginger coconut sauce

Grilled local fish with vanilla sauce and papaya salsa

Polynesian braised suckling pig- stir fry vegetables and rice

Raitea chicken curry- vegetables and jasmine rice

Grilled flank steak and Jumbo prawns- garlic mash and veggies

Stir fry tofu for the vegetarians

The appetizers are, poisson cru (lime and coconut marinated fresh tuna), local tropical fruit cup, spicy beef and prawn salad, Maeva platter which is described as chicken satay lime and pork patties and shrimp with sauces. It's all describred better on the actual menu, but thats the highlights!

How to characterize all that- I leave to you!:D

It was not all Asian fusion last month. I had a pepper crusted steak, and my husband had grilled shrimp brochette with a Tahitian vanilla sauce. Both were very good and not very Asian.

I sent you the menu family. I am sure some of the items are changed and some are the same or this is what I recall from last year.

That's what I thought! You sent me an email! Thank you!

I think I will scan them in October and print it as a photo in my review, but also post ram under " menus". That will give us an up to date one here on these boards for people to search! I find the CC search quite clunky, but if I post them on their own thread, it might help others looking!

Family

Ask the Maitres for copies of the menus. They will give you the whole week's menus as they are printed each week. Make a nice memento for your album as well.

I was just going to take photos of the menus, but if they are willing I will ask! I do use my photos to make a photo memory book, so I would use them, as well as post them.

I wouldn't say it is totally an Asian/Fusion menu.

There is a new head chef on board, and his food is AMAZING. I heard from lots of past passengers (including some in our group) that the food was superior to their last trips on PG.

There was a delicious shrimp with coconut flake batter thing for an entree that was great (and a bit sweet, not spicy or anything).

The steak was a wonderful cut and cooked perfectly (and not Asian/Fusion), and you can get it without sauce anyway!

There was also a caesar salad in a parmesan crisp-bowl (basically parmesan cheese baked into the shape of a bowl, and it is so good!) which was really excellent. You could always get that a main size if you like it?

there seemed to be enough options for less adventurous/non fish eaters too as we had both in our party.

For dessert there was a creme brûlée and some kind of chocolate thing too, and a banana split (traditional american lol!)

Archived