Port Canaveral to Orlando 11:05 flight

gemcam1

You probably can, but everything will have to go just right. There will have to be no delays in clearing the ship for disembarkation, you'll want to be in the first group off the ship, you'll want to carry off your own luggage (or whatever RCL's equivalent of that is), and you'll want to have your airport transportation all arranged and ready to go. I think you'll find that most cruise line transfers (as opposed to shuttle or individual arrangements) won't work with you if your flight is much before noon, just because of these unknowns.

Remember that for an 11:05 am flight, you need to be through security and in the departure lounge at 10am. Orlando's TSA setup is one of the worst in the country, and the airport is always crowded with families and tourists. I've had it take 20 minutes just from the point I handed over my ID to the point were I was exiting security to get on the tram to the terminal. So working backwards, you'd want to be at security by 9:30 at the latest, and at the airline counter (which could also have long lines) by 9:00am. If your ship starts disembarkation at 8:00 am, that gives you just enough time for the 30 to 40 minute drive from the port to MCO - if there's any hitch in the system, you may be late for your flight.

But why set yourself up for all that stress? If there's a flight even an hour or two later, then take it, and you won't be rushed and worried that you'll miss it.

If you self assist from the Freedom and have a private car waiting,

you will be alright.

I personally was off the ship at 7:20 a.m. and at MCO at 8:15 a.m.

ahead of all the buses and shuttles and crowds.

I used executive vip limo.

Thanks Everyone - I booked a later flight - I don't want to take the chance

I have 1130 flight and was wondering the same thing. I wanted to get a direct flight home. I have been in contact with cbshuttle and they said the first shuttle leaves at 8 am. I am still deciding if I want a private ride back to mco

Gemcam, we booked a mid-afternoon flight out of MCO after our cruise and it turned out really well. We ate a nice breakfast in the MDR and leisurely disembarked. We took a shuttle back to the airport and discovered MCO was an entertaining place. There were lots of shops and we walked through them all. Then we found some nice, comfy chairs in a quiet area (before you go through security) and played a game of Travel Scrabble. Finally, we had a sit down lunch at Chili's and went through security about an hour or so before our flight was scheduled to leave. This was MUCH better than taking an earlier flight and worrying the entire time if we would make it to the airport in time.

Archived