breakfast on the balcony?

markser

Markser, what itinerary are you on ? If you have any overnights in port( such as the 7 Day does in Moorea and Bora Bora) those would be two mornings that you'd be at anchor and could possibly dine on the balcony with less wind than if you were underway. That's our plan for those busy port days anyway- an early alfresco room service breakfast.:D

The only reason I dont book a balcony is that I love the window ledge. The one time we did not book deck four - I missed the ledge all the trip. In other ships we do use our balconies but have never missed it here. Also since the room sizes are the same its less important. Other ships balconies usually have larger rooms so we like that.

Make sure to try going to the restaurant while on board for sit down breakfast. The lamb chops are divine.

We normally always book a balcony when sailing but this upcoming trip will be a first for us where we aren't. We'll be down on 3 :eek: but we figured the difference in money between this one and the balcony was a big chunk of another cruise since we're now holidaying several times a year but still putting 3 kids through university.

I loved the balcony for a glass of wine with my DH in the late afternoon after coming back from excursions.

I believe the ship is already in port by breakfast time on most days, apart from maybe the first couple of mornings (Raiatea and Taha'a). So you shouldn't have a problem with wind if you want to dine out there. If you come back late from an excursion and miss the buffet lunch, you can always have a room service lunch on your balcony.

We had a balcony cabin on our recent cruise and really enjoyed it, but more for being able to walk outside and snap photos of the views. We only had breakfast out there once. Personally, I preferred to go to La Veranda for breakfast. The staff there are wonderful, and always get my morning off to a great start! And there's a much bigger selection of food than from the room service menu. Plus La Veranda has 180-degree views through the windows as well as a few outside tables , so you can still enjoy the views or dine alfresco while there.

Archived