Pullman Paris Montparnassen Advice

karen sharpe

Has anyone stayed in this hotel ....would you stay there again? as I said in a previous message it is conveniently across from the train station and is connected to an AMA river tour. I am concerned though about reports of it being in a poor area of Paris and missing out on the Paris "experience".

Karen - the best thing to do is to go to Trip Advisor and to the Paris forum for info on this place and ask questions. There you can also read the reviews. If you decide to ask any questions, let people know what your interests are and what a "Paris Experience" means to you.

Has anyone stayed in this hotel ....would you stay there again? as I said in a previous message it is conveniently across from the train station and is connected to an AMA river tour. I am concerned though about reports of it being in a poor area of Paris and missing out on the Paris "experience".

We stayed there in May for only one night (we opted for one not three nights).

The hotel is right across from the Montparnasse Rail Station. In fact, we took the Air France Bus that stopped right across from the hotel.

The hotel is not a luxury hotel, but is nice. The design is somewhat modern. I probably would not have stayed at this hotel on my own, due to the price, but it is a good hotel. There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

The hotel is not in an a bad area from what we could see, but I have been to Paris several times and stayed all over the city. The METRO is quite good and getting to see the sights is not a problem. If you want to stay in the Champs area hotel prices are more.

I agree with the comments of 4774Papa. My wife and I just returned Vineyards of the Mozelle and Rhine which originated here.

Modern styling not sure of the age but probably not over 20 years old. The hotel just completed a rehab. Our room (on floor 17) was plenty big and serviceable. The breakfast buffet (included in AMA packages) was pretty good and plentiful. The only issue that we had was with the bathtub step-in which had to be at least twenty inches high! Interesting when you have two knee replacements! But we managed. Metro was just around the corner and taxis were always around. Since we didn't spend a lot of time in the room I probably would recommend this location

Doug

Doug

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

We stayed at Le Meridien Montparnesse a few years ago. I won it on a Priceline bid for 100USD.

Area lacks charm but offers access to public transport and convenience.

I have stayed in the 7th and 6th and prefer those areas but the metro makes it easy to get out and about no matter where one is located.

I would not pay a premium for the location - it was purely cost that made the decision for me.

Papa,

We'll be staying nearby before our cruise. Can you recommend any area restaurants?

Thanks,

Massedtuck

I don't remember the names of any restaurants, but if you walk toward the northeast within 2-3 blocks you will start to see a number of restaurants, ranging from Japanese to French.

What suprised me about the prices in France was that my large beer cost more than my meal. A large beer was five euros.

Archived