Vip & guest services

I just returned from the July 28th sailing. Why is it that Guest Services does not like the VIP Members?

I stood in line on 4 different occassions and they would ignore us and would keep calling guests from the other line. They would not glance our way. They took care of 4-5 guests before taking care of us. After the 3rd time, I asked an employee what the point of standing at the VIP line was when they took care of the other guests before us.

The 4th time, I blew up and told them excuse me, We have been waiting here for 5 minutes and you have not taken care of the VIP members. She then went to the VIP line to take care of the guests standing there. This man standing at the other line said, Oh excuse me I didn't see the VIP status written on your forehead, and then he started screaming at Guest Services because he said that it was not fair that the VIP members are taken care of when they have been standing in line just as long.

Another time this lady screamed at me telling me "Mam, the line is back here. I then told her that I'm VIP and she looked at me with a nasty face and said VIP in a nasty manner.

Everything else about the cruise was PERFECT. All of the other employees were super polite from the dining staff to the room stewards.

The food was delicious everywhere(dining room, Guy's Burger, Pizza, fish and chips, Deli, Burrito Bar) but the quality of the food in the buffet has declined.

I just returned from the July 28th sailing. Why is it that Guest Services does not like the VIP Members?

Because Carnival cares less for its returning customers than new & first time cruisers. Seems to be the trend. JMHO

Archived