Gatwick airport to Harwich port

zwolinski

Booked on the Infinity British Isles cruise out of Harwich, England. Flying in & out of London's Gatwick airport. Celebrity wants $101. per person each way for transfers. Has anyone used private transportation to & from ??

I believe it is a rather difficult port to get to. Even if you get a train into London, you then have to get from London Victoria or London Bridge to Liverpool Street Station. Not easy on our crowded trains.

Unfortunately this is why we will not travel to Harwich from the South Coast of England where we live. For us it always has to be Southampton.

You may be able to arrange a private car to collect you and take you back again, but I do not know the name of any to recommend.

There are a number of private transfer services from all London airports. I suggest you search for 'Gatwick transfer' or 'Gatwick limo' on your search engine. As someone reports there is no direct rail service Gatwick to Harwich. There is a direct rail service into London - Victoria I think, then very easy to take a taxi to Liverpool Street station for onward travel to Harwich. There are a number of 'on line' sites to help with train times and ticket purchase but be aware of restricted tickets - look for 'anytime tickets.

The station at Harwich is literally steps away from cruise checkin.

Archived