Help? I booked independent excursion in Cozumel.

HappyPappe

Okay, here is what is going on.

I purchased the Royal Dolphin Swim with Cozumel tours dot com. 2 adults, 2 children. Confirmation received, credit card charged, date Sept 20 @ 11 AM. Booked using cruise ship, e-commerce, elation.

I received a e-mail from a representative with Dolphin Discovery stating

"

since due to system error your reservation was confirmed without availability, and unfortunately we are sold out on the date that you have requested. So we would like to know if it is possible to arrange your program for any other date for you. "

I feel like using the e-commerce code has affected me? I have called back a few times asking for any availability with any dolphin swims on that date and they are saying "since I am with a cruise" there is nothing available. I am such a bad fibber, so should I have said "Hotel?"

Any suggestions? I feel stuck at this point and don't know what to do. We are 44 days out, and I thought I was booking in a timely manner.

Thanks in advance,

No personal experience but I think I read here that Carnival has some deal that their passengers have to book with them (not independently). Have also read that people on carnival have made independent reservations and said they were staying at a hotel (and checked "undecided" when prompted). Good Luck in making your plans work.

I was assured if I would book under e-commerce I would be fine and there would not be any discrimination. Supposedly they do not have any availability. Hubby just called and said he was staying in a hotel and they have 2 spots for 12 and 2 spots available for 1 pm. Of course not 4 slots. But before she could book him he would need to give up his lodging info..And than she would be able to tell if 4 slots were open.

So now, I am trying to decide how to book? Try under hubby's name with hotel info or just book through carnival and spend double the price? I am booking for 4 people so this is not cheap. I am concerned about my last name being uncommon so is a red flag going to be raised.

So confused and don't know what to do at this point?

Thanks for all opinions I greatly appreciate them.

Sheila

Don't know what other ports you have, but have you thought about doing something else in cozumel and doing the dolphin swim a different port... I'm doing one on my trip and they have dolphin swims at 3 out of the 4 ports we're going to (cozumel, roatan, and grand cayman).

Our other port is Progresso, no more Dolphin tours. I think to relieve my stress I am going to book through Carnival directly... I know it's double the price and I will be paying almost $800 but the piece of mind will work out in the end. I was thinking we are going in September too and what if we could not land in port, I would be guaranteed to receive a refund...

I hate to do it, but I don't see another way around it...

Archived