What Are The Best Excursions In Cozumel????

Droopy

About Cozumel.......We opted for the "private beach" owned by Carnival. Paradise Beach. It was a little of a disppointment. We had a choice of a boat or bus ride to get there. We choice the boat, we were told the road were rough by bus. It was a 5 hr excursion, the downfall was it took over an hour to get there and another hour and 15 min to get back. You had to get off the boat in waist deep water, walk 5 minutes to the bar, food, lounge chairs. Not much time to relax!

:)

My 17yo daughter loved the SWIM w/dolphins. My guess is that it would be a lot cheaper to book on line ahead of time rather than w/cruise line. FYI it sold out very quickly.

I did chakanaab. It was my favorite part of the cruise. We arrived on the Miracle and got there just as the park was opening. It was $12 to get in, but well worth it. We ended up on the beach and saw a great deal on beginners scuba. $55 USD. It was such a bargain and the guide was extremely knowledgable and comforting. We dove off of the beach and even went into a cave. After scuba we headed to our dolphin swim. It was sooo much fun, and the trainers were excellent. After the park we ate at Pancho's backyard. It was a really ice open air restaraunt. the food was good, but the Margaritas were $$$$. After lunch we checked on Carlos N Charlies. Again a great time had by all. My only wish was that the boat stayed later. Oh well. ;)

You will read alot of posts about Paradise Beach but it is not the one that the previous poster is talking about. It is not an actual excursion but you can take a cap to Paradise Beach and it is a nice, clean beach with great food & drinks. It is free to use the beach but cost $5.00 if you want to use the water toys. They do expect you to buy food/drinks but it's worth it if you are looking for a day at the beach.

We went to Paradise Beach last week. It was a $12.00 cab ride one way and a great day at the beach. However, I've heard if there are a lot of ships in port it can be very crowded, and not fun.

We went to Passion Island and had a great time. I wished we had more time there. We booked it through Carnival which we normally go with a private company. With the $59 excursion fee, you get a buffet lunch, open bar and the beach where they did the Corona commercial. What a great time! Especially the open bar!:D

Cozumel is a great place. There is lots to do. DH and I have been there 3 times. Once we just walked around and enjoyed all the scenery and shopping. Another time we took the Fury Catamaran, which was quite a lot of fun.

Last November we went to Passion Island, which was beautiful. It's a bumpy ride by bus to get there, then a short boat trip. The island is not crowded, the people were friendly, the food was very good, and there was an open bar. I highly recommend it!

We were on the Conquest in February and 11 of our group of 38 went ot Nochi Cocum Beach Break and it turned out, out of all of us, it was unanimously decided that the 11 of us had the BEST time of everyone. Thru research I booked this place for our friends - others went deep sea fishing with the cruiseline (and never caught a fish) - for mega $$ and others just went bar hopping & exploring. For less than $40 we had the BEST time with great drinks, great service and beautiful beach. (plus free use of kayaks, water toys, etc) and a great waiter "Willie" who will take good care of you. Swim up pool/jacuzzi bar...it was nice. Beach was beautiful..paraisailing for $55 pp or & 90 for 2. Quite peaceful there and not crowded. Just a thought...I learned a lot about this place here (CC site) and you can search them on this forum. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=131043&highlight=Nochi+cocum+beach+breakgood link above, a lot on excursions there and depending on what you like to do..there is something for everyone.

We went with Captain Bryan in GC and that day was also more enjoyable than what our other cruisemates had the pleasure of. Private catamaran with 22 people....stingrays, snorkle, suntan...AHHHHH, I told the hosts of Robert and Javid that this was the BEST day of my life, At first I was quite timid (AFRAID) of the stingrays...and then...I was the last to leave the water....and I cried:( tears of happiness:) as this was the best day of my entire life. Sorry to ramble...but this ship and ports made me the ADDICT I have become!! Thank goodness...:D

You can learn a LOT here by searching any excursion you are interested in...

You will read alot of posts about Paradise Beach but it is not the one that the previous poster is talking about. It is not an actual excursion but you can take a cap to Paradise Beach and it is a nice, clean beach with great food & drinks. It is free to use the beach but cost $5.00 if you want to use the water toys. They do expect you to buy food/drinks but it's worth it if you are looking for a day at the beach.

Are you saying there are two Paradise Beaches in Cozumel? :confused:

I was wondering what wannacruisemore was talking about, because I've heard nothing but great reviews! Furthermore, the owners/management of The Good Paradise Beach ;) are my "paysans". Montrealer/Canadian. Can't go wrong with that! :D

And when I do take the cab to Paradise Beach, will the taxi driver know which one I'm talking about? Wow ~ talk about confusing.

What excursions are fun in Cozumel????????:eek:

We went to Playa Mia Beach Resort. With 10 of us, 6 being kids, one reason we choose it was because of all the fun water "toys" they offered. However, the water tampoline and iceberg were out so far that one needed to be a strong swimmer to even get out to them. Paddle boats and kayaks were out of comission for most of the day. The ocean water was the same as we have back here in New England. Don't get me wrong-everything was the experience of a life time that i would not trade for anything. The memories are incredible.

We did the the Fiesta Party Boat. It was a blast. Everyone had a good time. I had a little too much of a good time if you know what I mean. There was plenty of dancing, partying and having a good time on the way to the beach. It was fun just to relax at the beach and there were plenty of other things to do as well. The trip back was just as fun as the trip there.

We were on the Glory 4/9 and loved Paradise Beach. We were one of the first ships in port and the first people there around 9:15 a.m. Later in the morning it did get crowded but not so that it seemed uncomfortable or unpleasant. Lots of cruisers did leave around 12:30-1 I assume to go back to the ship for lunch. We had planned on spending only a couple of hours there but ended up spending the entire day. We loved it and originally planned to go to Chanakaab but changed our minds at the last minute since we had never been to Paradise Beach. The service and food was excellent and reasonably priced. You could order right from you chair. The facility is extremely clean and well taken care of. Bathrooms, etc. were exceptionally clean even later in the day especially with tons of people. Cozumel is an island that you can easily do everything on your own and save you lots of $$.

I don't think you can go wrong with Paradise beach or Chankenaab for the family. A self-guided adult excursion to Carlos and Charlies can be a lot of fun as well. Just be careful that your temporary tatoo is in a place that fits in with your job once you get home!

We did the the Fiesta Party Boat. It was a blast. Everyone had a good time. I had a little too much of a good time if you know what I mean. There was plenty of dancing, partying and having a good time on the way to the beach. It was fun just to relax at the beach and there were plenty of other things to do as well. The trip back was just as fun as the trip there.

Know what you mean! :D The Fiesta Party Boat is totally FUN!

(It was as close as we have never come to not making it to dinner ... glad we had late seating!)

Has anyone recently (in the past year) been on "The Catamaran Sail, Snorkel & Beach Party" ?

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

We hired a private tour guide. We did e-mails for a few weeks. He ask us what we wanted to do. It was 70 each he picked us up at the pier and dropped us of at the end we spent a very enjoyable day with adrian. He will design a tour to what you want. He will only take 1 to 3 people so you get his undivided attention.

Archived