Middle name on international ticket

terryinal

I have just put the first and middle name in the first name section. It's no different than if your name were Mary Ann, and technically they have the same names as your passport. Works for me, but I'd be interested in hearing from others on their experience.

I have just put the first and middle name in the first name section. It's no different than if your name were Mary Ann, and technically they have the same names as your passport. Works for me, but I'd be interested in hearing from others on their experience.

That is what I was thinking also. That is the way it is on my passport. Now on A.A. and delta thay have a place for middle name but don't have the little star next to it. I would hate to buy a ticket and get to the airport and have to pay 100 dollars or more for a name change

I am from Europe and only use my first name for airplane tickets, although I have a 2nd and 3rd one on my passport. This has never been a problem, not even when flying to the USA. (and not even after 9/11, my last flight to USA was in April 2012.)

That is what I was thinking also. That is the way it is on my passport. Now on A.A. and delta thay have a place for middle name but don't have the little star next to it. I would hate to buy a ticket and get to the airport and have to pay 100 dollars or more for a name change

We have AA flights booked and just last week went online to complete our info, (they want emergency contact, passport info, temp address, etc) noticed that first and middle names had been entered together in the First Name box without a space between the 2 names. The Middle Name box was empty. There was no way to edit the first and last names but the middle name could be entered.

Went to the TA, he checked with AA and they said it was not a problem.

I believe the part on the online form where you enter the passport info is the place that has to show exact names as shown on the passport.

Archived