Passport Stamps

Any stamps for the Bahamas..Freeport, Nassau ? Also I read you can drop off your passport at guest desk and pick it up at the end of the cruise? I thought they said to carry your passport off the ship, incase you need to it for some emergency.... :rolleyes:

24 hrs until at the dock... :D

We got our passports stamped in Roatan at the Rotary International desk by the taxis. They are taking donations to put bathrooms in the island's schools, so we were more than happy to contribute.

In Grand Cayman, as others have said, upstairs in the building near the tenders. They were more than gracious to help us.

We missed out in Belize and Cozumel, though. There's always next time. :)

I dont understand the people sayind drop them off at guest services then pick up at end of the cruise. Isnt the point of a passport to take off the ship with you, incase of emergency or you get left behind. What good is a passport if someone on the ship has it and your standing on the dock waving to the ship as it leaves you behind.

I dont understand the people sayind drop them off at guest services then pick up at end of the cruise. Isnt the point of a passport to take off the ship with you, incase of emergency or you get left behind. What good is a passport if someone on the ship has it and your

standing on the dock waving to the ship as it leaves you behind.

There are different thoughts out there on that. Whether it's worse to take it with you and risk it being lost or stolen, or to have the original on the ship and just take a copy with you.

True, but if it got stolen or lost, at least you'd have the number to get a duplicate. I'm not sure which is the right answer. It seems there are risks either way?

Yup, not saying dont make a copy, I did and it will go in my safe when I leave the ship. But I also trust my original with me then a crew I dont know. Then again I am a big 320lb guy, so I am not to worried about it getting taken from me, not like I will be out waving it around lol.

Any stamps for the Bahamas..Freeport, Nassau ? Also I read you can drop off your passport at guest desk and pick it up at the end of the cruise? I thought they said to carry your passport off the ship, incase you need to it for some emergency.... :rolleyes:

24 hrs until at the dock... :D

The building to get passports stamped in Nassau is right at the pier. It is in the bright yellow 2 (?) story building that looks like it has a tower---the building to the left of the welcome center building. The stamp office is on the 1st floor, down the right hand hallway from the front door. Quick and easy!

The building to get passports stamped in Nassau is right at the pier. It is in the bright yellow 2 (?) story building that looks like it has a tower---the building to the left of the welcome center building. The stamp office is on the 1st floor, down the right hand hallway from the front door. Quick and easy!

Thank you very much.... do you know if Freeport has its own stamp.or is the Bahamas all together,?

What about montego bay and the Bahamas?

In Nassau when you come into the port building from the piers go through to the other side. You should see a small courtyard to the left with some hair braiding stands, there is a fence with a gate (with a guard, just tell him what you are wanting) that you go through and you go inside the building in front of you (I believe it is the customs building). Ask at the window about a passport stamp and they will show you to the office for that.

Someone may have already mentioned this but there was a booth/kiosk sort of thing to get it stamped in Cozumel. If I remember correctly, when you come out of the duty-free shop and take a left you can walk down a row of shops and eventually on the right it will be there. It was very small though and probably easy to overlook.

Since I have been cruising (27 years) I have always left my passport on the ship and taken a copy with me. If I have a problem I know that i can get Guest Services if I have left it with them for stamps or someone in security to get it for me if I need it. Since I would go to the counsulate in the area I am in my copy would serve me as they can check the data base.

I know others have always taken theirs off and that is right for them. Me personally would not do that.

I just recently got back from a cruise to Cozumel, Belize and Grand Cayman. I didn't get a stamp in Cozumel because I already have mulitple stamps from Mexico. Here are pictures of the stamps from the other 3 countries.

Belize- There a 4 terminals that the tender boats can dock at. Go to Terminal 4, then go inside the building with shopping that is directly in front of terminal 4. Go out the doors at the other end of the building and there is a small shack that is blue with white trim to the left as you walk out of the shopping building.

101_7923.jpg

Roatan- Right before you leave Mahagony Bay it a booth on the right. There is a sign above it that says passports stamped here, hard to miss.

101_7920.jpg

Grand Cayman- After you get off the tender boats you will pass through a chain link fence. Immediatly to the right there is a set of stairs, go up the stairs there are two doors, you go in the door to the right.

101_7916.jpg

I hope these directions are clear enough.

I'm gonna add requests also.

Does anyone have information on where to get stamps on the Southern Itinerary? St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia,St Kitts, St Martain.

We did the Western Caribbean last year and had no luck finding the place to get stamps on any stop.

Hoping for better luck next year.

Archived