Passport Stamps

Okay, here's probably a question on the sillier side... :rolleyes:

I've been on several cruises and have never gotten a passport stamp. I'd love to have at least ONE. Silly, I know, but then it'll be "wow, I went somewhere!"

On a Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman) any chances to get it stamped at least once?

Guess I now have to go to Hell.... :rolleyes:

Also thought I saw something in a trip report about a table being set up in Roatan on West Beach (or is that West Bay?) They were taking donations for the local school in return for the passport stamp? Has anyone seen this?

Drop your passport off at guest services the first nioght of the cruise. Ask them to have it stamped and then they return it on the last night. I know several said they have not been able to have this done, but I have always asked nicely and have not been turned down.

I did this when I did the Western itinerary and got it stamped in Belize and Roatan. No stamps for Mexico. Now I do this every cruise if I haven't been to a port.

I just drop it off at guest service and it is done. i do have grand cayman but not hell. Not sure what island does not do it. My passport is put away. If you ask nice they say Ok but they don't always like it.

Good luck,

Relax and enjoy

I am doing the same itinerary in October and want to have my passport stamped at every port except Cozumel, I occasionally go on trips to northern Mexico and when you cross at the border it can cause problems if you don't have a stamp in and out of the country, so to avoid any future difficulties I'm just skipping a stamp at that port. I have collected information from previous threads about where to go for the stamps, and the information is only a few months old, so hopefully its still current. I will try and remember after my cruise to post something to let you know if these are still accurate or not.

In Belize when you enter the cruise terminal area there is a long wall of buildings and a covered walkway that rings the perimeter of the area. As you look away from the ship go toward the left. If you imagine the perimeter as a "L" tipped over toward the right the stamp office is right at the corner.

In Roatan its a small, almost trailer looking building close to where you end up after walking the long dock - its on the right near the fence. The stamp in Roatan is definitely a novelty stamp more than anything official, but it works.

In Grand Cayman there is a security office to the left when you line up to return to the ship, they will stamp it there for free.

• 3 months later...

These are the ports that I can remember locations:

• Belize is a tiny shack behind the shopping area where they keep the buses for the excursions.

• Roatan is a store in the port.

• Costa Maya is in a brightly colored building, upstairs.

I have quite a few stamps on mine. Once we got them, my husband and I decided it would be an awesome way to show where we've been.

There is almost always an immigration office near the port, sometimes it's just a tiny shack - but there is a man sitting in there ready to stamp. lol Just ask the locals where the immigration office is and they'll point you in the right direction.

We usually get off first thing and have them stamped and then return them to the safe in our room and continue on with our day. They are all really cool, each stamp is a different shape and color. I love them.

I've thought about getting the stamps on a cruise never have though. I do have stamps from the Philippines, Japan and Taiwan though. Come to think of it I really should have done this in Panama last year on our Freedom cruise. I'm an Air Force brat that was born in Panama. That would have been cool to have on my passport.

I've thought about getting the stamps on a cruise never have though. I do have stamps from the Philippines, Japan and Taiwan though. Come to think of it I really should have done this in Panama last year on our Freedom cruise. I'm an Air Force brat that was born in Panama. That would have been cool to have on my passport.

Mike,

Not trying to be nosy, but may I ask you what year you were born? The reason I ask is that I have step-family that were born in Panama as AF brats (that now live in Texas, coincidentally) as well. BTW, I'm an Army brat born in Germany, FWIW.

I had to wait until my 14th cruise until I got my passport stamped. I am proud to say I have a stamp that says Port of Sydney, Australia. :D I also just got my visa for Brazil, and it is stamped on my passport even though I won't be there until March 2013.

Mike,

Not trying to be nosy, but may I ask you what year you were born? The reason I ask is that I have step-family that were born in Panama as AF brats (that now live in Texas, coincidentally) as well. BTW, I'm an Army brat born in Germany, FWIW.

Not a problem. I was born in 1960. I think they were there from 59-61. After Panama my dad was stationed at Keesler, Chanute, Beale, Bien-Hoa, Tinker, Beale and then he retired. One of my most vivid memories of his Air Force days was at Beale. He taught radio systems on the SR-71. Very shortly after the SR-71 was stationed at Beale they had a private showing of the SR-71 for families of the servicemen who had some involvement with the plane. Locked in a hanger, lots of guards with BIG guns and a big black plane. Cool stuff for a kid.

Not a problem. I was born in 1960. I think they were there from 59-61. After Panama my dad was stationed at Keesler, Chanute, Beale, Bien-Hoa, Tinker, Beale and then he retired. One of my most vivid memories of his Air Force days was at Beale. He taught radio systems on the SR-71. Very shortly after the SR-71 was stationed at Beale they had a private showing of the SR-71 for families of the servicemen who had some involvement with the plane. Locked in a hanger, lots of guards with BIG guns and a big black plane. Cool stuff for a kid.

Oh I'm sorry - wrong generation. My step-nieces were born in Panama in mid to late 70's. Their father was stationed at Albrook AFB. My father was stationed in Panama for a while at Fort Clayton and also at Fort Amador - have never seen an SR-71 in person, though have seen several U-2's. We would sometimes go to Howard AFB and see the AC-130's lined up on the tarmac. Not really too impressive to see at first, until you get a look at the laser-guided Howitzer. Now that is one bad-*** gunship!

Oh I'm sorry - wrong generation. My step-nieces were born in Panama in mid to late 70's. Their father was stationed at Albrook AFB. My father was stationed in Panama for a while at Fort Clayton and also at Fort Amador - have never seen an SR-71 in person, though have seen several U-2's. We would sometimes go to Howard AFB and see the AC-130's lined up on the tarmac. Not really too impressive to see at first, until you get a look at the laser-guided Howitzer. Now that is one bad-*** gunship!

I'm a private pilot and a bit of an airplane nut. I used to attend every air show within driving distance. One of the coolest take-offs I ever saw was the Blue Angel's C-130, "Fat Albert" doing a JATO assisted take-off. It was incredible to see that big blundering bird rocket into the sky. It was also a dry, windy day in Dallas and ended up shutting down the air show at Navy Dallas for about 30min-1hr while the fire crews put out the big grass fire that started from blowing embers out of the JATO packs.

Archived