Costa Mediterrania Transatlantic

Capetonian

:) Hi there... My husband and I recently returned from the 17 April transatlantic cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Savona. We thought the ship was magnificent, very clean and well kept. The staff were always friendly. The food was excellent and there certainly was an abundance of it. The entertainment:confused: that was certainly not what we expected from a luxury cruise ship.

We would be interested to hear comments from other passengers??

We are sailing on the Nov 4 transatlantic crossing from Savona to FLL. Glad to see your comments. What was the situation with the entertainment? I have heard on transatlantic crossings that the dollar is used fro prices for several days and then it changes to euros. Is that correct? Also apprecitate any more info on the food. Have seen a lot of neg. comments, so was happy to see your feedback. Thanks

Hi there... The currency used on the ship were Euros despite me being led to believe that US Dollars would be the onboard currency. It is a cashless ship and everything is charged to your Costa Card. Drinks.. small draft beer 2.90 Euros plus 15% surcharge. Inexpensive bottle white wine 19 Euros plus 15%.

We found the food to be very varied, well presented and not oily at all; as many people have said??:confused: The was a choice of either silver service in the dining room or a very good buffet on the 9th Deck. We had anything from roast duckling to rare roast fillet. Plenty of healthy food, i.e. salads, cold meats etc. Parma Ham freely available, breakfast lunch and dinner. (One of my favourites)

The entertainment we expected on board was lots of different extravaganza shows, but they were certainly in short supply. The shows we did see were fair, but nothing too exciting compared to other ships we have cruised on.

The ship was spotlessly clean and the staff were always happy to please.

The accommodation was good, we had a cabin with a balcony (4220) and were very happy.We would cruise again on the Costa Mediterranea:)

• 4 months later...

Archived