Tulum ruins tour

kcbmarek

We will be docking in Cozumel on our cruise in May and DH really wants to tour the ruins (Tulum specifically) while on this cruise. We will have explored ruins in Belize and Costa Maya but my question is, is it worth the $245 tour costs to go to Tulum? :eek: I am having a hard time sucking up this cost whereas we could do a really fun and laid back bar hop tour (thanks to some fellow roll call cruisers for the recommendation) on Cozumel instead.

Maybe a trip to Playa del Carmen is in the future and we do Tulum then? HELP!!! :confused:

From Coz to Tulum and back is one long day -- transport from the ship to the ferry, a 45 or so minute ferry ride (often rough! :(), then a bus to the ruins, tour and then typically lunch/shopping/beach and then reverse the trip back to the ship. From Coz I would only do this through the cruiseline - there are too many opportunities for a breakdown or missed transportation that could cause you to miss the ship :eek: with a private tour.

My suggestion is to skip the ruins until you are already on the mainland (an excuse to visit PDC, Tulum, or even Cancun! :D) and enjoy a fun day on Coz. I can think of better ways to spend $245! Good luck! :)

We will be docking in Cozumel on our cruise in May and DH really wants to tour the ruins (Tulum specifically) while on this cruise. We will have explored ruins in Belize and Costa Maya but my question is, is it worth the $245 tour costs to go to Tulum? :eek: I am having a hard time sucking up this cost whereas we could do a really fun and laid back bar hop tour (thanks to some fellow roll call cruisers for the recommendation) on Cozumel instead.

Maybe a trip to Playa del Carmen is in the future and we do Tulum then? HELP!!! :confused:

Oh my goodness! That is really expensive. That's a Carnival tour? I wouldn't pay that! I did the tour on Princess and it was a little over $100. It was in 2009 but I can't imagine the tour price has increased that much!

If that is the only price you can get through Carnival, skip it. There is so much time traveling to and from the site that I couldn't recommend this tour at all at that price.:eek::eek::eek:

We were in cozumel in feb. on carnival. Our daughter and her husband did the tulum tour . They hated it. long drive , everything is roped off no touching, poor tour guide. they were so disappointed. I had read the reviews on trip advisor. So we choose XCARET . Mayan shows , cave or beach swimming , great food , rides , and a short drive . We loved it.:)

We were in cozumel in feb. on carnival. Our daughter and her husband did the tulum tour . They hated it. long drive , everything is roped off no touching, poor tour guide. they were so disappointed. I had read the reviews on trip advisor. So we choose XCARET . Mayan shows , cave or beach swimming , great food , rides , and a short drive . We loved it.:)

Was the XCARET option though the cruise line? Part of the reason I chose the cruise itinerary that I did was that I wanted to go to Cozumel to be able to see the ruins. Do you see the Mayan Ruins with the XCARET option? :confused:

I have decided that I am going to forego the experience of Tulum on this trip. Instead, as it is my husband's 50th birthday, I am just going to carry his birthday celebration through the year and since we have no kids at home any longer, over the long Thanksgiving holiday we are going to go back and stay in Playa del Carmen to experience the Tulum and Chitchen Itza ruins. Such a good wife I am .... :D

Archived