Check-in time MSC Armonia in Venice?

LukeSkywalker

Hello,

We will be boarding MSC Armonia in Venice. Our travel documents are stating a check-in time at 2pm, departure is at 7pm (the ship arrives at 10am). We are planning to arrive at the port at 1pm. Is that too early? Of course we don't want to arrive too early... we don't either want to arrive with the big rush of passengers. Any advice here? Is 1pm too early? Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I am back from my cruise on MSC Armonia, just to let you know my experience regarding my question. We arrived early at the pier, at 12.00 noon. Check-in and boarding were the fastest I ever experienced, we were on the ship in a matter of minutes. We had lunch at the buffet, and then went back ashore for a stroll in Venice. For this, you need to bring your passport or ID!! It is clearly marked everywhere. From Venice port, the people mover takes you to Piazzale Roma for 1 Euro each way, from there you can walk this marvellous city.

That's interesting to know. We are going on the 19th October and will be getting to the port about 12 also. Will you be doing a cruise review, I am interested to hear your views on the ship / service/ entertainment and food!

Tracy

Hello Tracy, my report is online now! Let me know if you have any questions. Best regards, Luke

we are also travelling on 19th your review was most helpful thank you could you please help with dress code for mdr please dont want to be overly dressed .thanks in advance

You can be overdressed, you can be underdressed (I saw a couple wearing jeans!), but nothing ever happened when Mum and I were in the MDR. No music, or bells and whistles, or even anything! Very over-rated. Sadly, due to Mum falling ill and us having to disembark 2 days early, we never got to return to the buffet dining.

Hi Luke, what was the general dress code for guys on formal nights? My Sister and I prefer our husbands to wear a Tux on formal night, which they have happily done on our previous cruises but they are concerned they may be to overdressed on the Armonia.

Tracy:)

You can be overdressed, you can be underdressed (I saw a couple wearing jeans!), but nothing ever happened when Mum and I were in the MDR. No music, or bells and whistles, or even anything! Very over-rated. Sadly, due to Mum falling ill and us having to disembark 2 days early, we never got to return to the buffet dining.

sorry to hear that thanks for your views hope your mum is feeling better

Hi Luke, what was the general dress code for guys on formal nights? My Sister and I prefer our husbands to wear a Tux on formal night, which they have happily done on our previous cruises but they are concerned they may be to overdressed on the Armonia.

Tracy:)

hi tracey sounds like we are on same cruise and have same concerns my husband likes to wear the tux but does not feel he will be comfortable in it reading some reviews keep changing our outfits.we are flying from manchester 7.30 fri morning .

Hello, I am back from my cruise on MSC Armonia, just to let you know my experience regarding my question. We arrived early at the pier, at 12.00 noon. Check-in and boarding were the fastest I ever experienced, we were on the ship in a matter of minutes. We had lunch at the buffet, and then went back ashore for a stroll in Venice. For this, you need to bring your passport or ID!! It is clearly marked everywhere. From Venice port, the people mover takes you to Piazzale Roma for 1 Euro each way, from there you can walk this marvellous city.

hi can you tell me how many formal nights there are in a week.

hi tracey sounds like we are on same cruise and have same concerns my husband likes to wear the tux but does not feel he will be comfortable in it reading some reviews keep changing our outfits.we are flying from manchester 7.30 fri morning .

Hi Anne we are also on that flight! After reading Luke's post my Hubby and brother in law will be taking their Tux and wear for at least the 1st formal night.

Tracy

Hi Anne we are also on that flight! After reading Luke's post my Hubby and brother in law will be taking their Tux and wear for at least the 1st formal night.

Tracy

hi trinny thats good to know my see you all on flight also after reading lukes report my hubby has got his tux out to so at least there will be three of them in tux .:)

Archived