Help me pick a cabin on the Summit

lovethesun1960

We have cruised before, but never on Celebrity. We've done insides, outsides and balconies and liked them all. I'm looking for value for the money. I am far enough out to get some good prices on the late November/early December sailing that I am looking for so I would like seasoned Celebrity cruisers' input on cabins. We are in our 50s and travelling without kids. The value of the $500-$550 inside cabins look great, but is there some good value added reason for jumping up to a suite or something in between (not the 1000s a night suites of course). We are semi foodies, not big drinkers, would go to spa rooms, etc, might like Blu. Just let me know your thoughts on where the best value is since I am looking at this blindly and the last time I did that, it was a mistake.

Well it is hard for anyone to recommend where you should stay there are peopel that book inside and are happy other folks like a cabin with a windows others enjoy a balcony or BLU for me CC is pretty mcuh not worth it as they took the lesser locations added some frills and charge a little more for them.

For me I enjoy a balcony and morning coffee, the same way I would probably never rent a compact car an inside cabin is not in my future.

You have to look at the price for your cruise and decide how much you want to pay for a place to sleep, for my wife an issue was how good you could see the TV from the bed.

For me it depends on price. We are going on Summit in October. When I booked I got a Aqua room so I could try something new with Blu and all. It was just 900$ for the week pp. Now it,s 1900$. At that price I would never take it. I would go ocean view.

If you have done insides and don't mind them take an inside and use the savings for some of the specialty restaurantsWhat is good about Celebrity insides is they are the same size as standard oceanview and balcony cabins on Summit class ships. .I determine what kind of cabin by where I am going. Carribean and Med cruises get a balcony. Northern climates now get an inside. I don't book oceanview anymore.

Archived