Member Reviews Posted Today

kayrob

I usually look forward to Monday mornings and catching the member reviews for NCL Alaska sailings for the previous week (under cruise reviews, not on the regular Alaska discussion board) Yikes! - the first two were for the Jewel and the Pearl and they were both horrible! I'll be on the 9/2/ sailing of the Pearl and I have to admit, I'm a little nervous when I read a review as bad as that one. I know that there are plenty of good ones as well - I'll keep my fingers crossed that the bartenders don't drink my martini!! This board has helped me so much since I have never sailed with NCL so I promise a trip report when I get back - hopefully it will be a good one!

I don't take review with lots of spelling errors and shouting to be valid. I am not sure what that cruiser was looking for - BTW entertainment is one of those very subjective things. I can't speak for the Spa as we did not use it. I really can't believe the bartender's actions - but again I did not visit the martini bar - I did have drinks -but not there. Somehow I get the feeling that perhaps some of the experiences of this poster were brought on by the poster - you know the old action reaction thing.

As to the Butchart Gardens thing - to and through can sound a bit alike - if they read the description of the gardens and the tour the poster would have known - BTW she did not make any posting in this board - or any other CC board. Just have to love a one post wonder:D

Our first cruise was in 2007 to Alaska and we had read a lot of reviews before hand. At first all I was hearing was how bad NCL was and never cruise with them. Then I started to read more on the positive side. Some one had said it is what you make it. So with that in hand we boarded the ship and had the best vacation in years. We are pretty laid back people so cruising with NCL was the best for us. There may have been a thing or two that happened but didn't stop us from having a good time and meeting new people.

A girlfriend and I are going on NCL Jewel to Alaska in 2013 for a girls cruise. Even though both of us have been there before it is close to home and we will do other things in the ports that we weren't able to do the first time.

After all that enjoy your cruise!!:D

We cruised NCL in Hawaii and believe me there were many, many negative reviews about that cruise. Since NCL is the only choice for a 7 day Hawaii cruise that originates and ends in Hawaii, we did not have another choice that would work for us. (No way we could deal with all the sea days if we did a Hawaii cruise from the mainland.) :eek:

We went with an open mind, not expecting perfection, knowing the food might not be as good as we would like, and determination to have a great cruise, and that is exactly what happened. Our room steward was excellent and all the staff we encountered were friendly and worked very hard. (this was contrary to many of the reviews we had been reading) The food was a step down from what he had experienced on HAL two years before, but trust me, none of use went hungry. We always found food to eat. We go on cruises for the itinerary, not the ship itself. For us, it is not difficult to have a good time. I know there are many who nit-pick every little thing. With any cruise ship, I am pretty sure if you look for something wrong you will find it. I feel sad for people like that. They must be pretty miserable people.

When your read reviews, I suggest you only read reviews written by people who have already been active on CC on the forums. They are definitely more credible than those who just come on CC to write a review. Those reviews are always suspicious.

I would not be worried. There are many on the AK forums who have said nice things about NCL and their AK cruises. Go with the intention of having a good time, and you will!!!

I used to read the reviews for Princess (who we are sailing with next May) and some were AWFUL! I finally realized that the reviews that were posted on the Princess board seemed pretty fair. While there might be one or two things (or none at all) that they weren't happy with, there were always a lot more positives. I have yet to read a total hatchet job on that board. I think following the advice and reviews of long time cruisers with the cruise line you choose is the way to go. You get a lot more accurate picture of the cruise line. Besides, I figure that if I made the wrong choice, I'll still be up in Alaska enjoying the scenery, so how bad can it really be?? :)

Besides, I figure that if I made the wrong choice, I'll still be up in Alaska enjoying the scenery, so how bad can it really be?? :)

Exactly!!! For those going to AK to See AK, they WILL have a great experience. For those who are looking for a great cruise and AK is secondary, they may have some disappointments as they nit-pick their way through each day, looking for something to complain about.

Archived