Pre-Cruise Hotel Miami

Cairnmom

Looking for somewhere to stay for one night pre-cruise in Miami. Want a nice hotel with a water view. Either a view of the port or the ocean. Also room service and a pool. Leaning towards something near the port as I'm not sure how far South Beach is.

Downtown hotels that include water/Port of Miami views from some rooms include the Doubletree Biscayne, the next door Marriott, the Holiday Inn POM, and the Intercontinental. All will be about a $25+ cab ride from the MIA airport, and another $10-12 cab ride will get you to POM the next morning. Of these the IC is likely the nicest/most luxurious. ;)

I stay at the Doubeltree when in Miami (too often for business, not often enough for cruising :() - very nice rooms, huge bathrooms, nice pool area, and the restaurant/bar in the lobby is very good -- plus shopping for last minute items is available within stumbling distance. Good luck! :)

Good luck! :)

Downtown hotels that include water/Port of Miami views from some rooms include the Doubletree Biscayne, the next door Marriott, the Holiday Inn POM, and the Intercontinental. All will be about a $25+ cab ride from the MIA airport, and another $10-12 cab ride will get you to POM the next morning. Of these the IC is likely the nicest/most luxurious. ;)

I stay at the Doubeltree when in Miami (too often for business, not often enough for cruising :() - very nice rooms, huge bathrooms, nice pool area, and the restaurant/bar in the lobby is very good -- plus shopping for last minute items is available within stumbling distance. Good luck! :)

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the suggestions! Do any of these hotels have rooms with balconies???

We stayed at the Doubletree Biscayne Bay before our cruise in April. Had requested a view of the bay. When we checked in were unexpectedly and with no reason upgraded to an upper floor with fantastic balcony overlooking everything! Our lucky night! Even without that, it was a nice place. Restaurants in area below plus a grocery & wine store so easily able to pick up a couple of bottles to take onboard (NCL $15 fee each)

Breakfast was included. Also had service to the airport but not sure if it was included. They arranged it, though. Interesting spot since also has apartments so residents come and go while you're sitting in the lobby. I can't imagine actually living there but that's just me. Check with the Doubletree.....when I called direct they were also very helpful with questions. If we're back there again, that's where we'll stay.

Archived