Sailing to Iceland

rosey1946

We are planning a cruise on QE to Iceland and Northern Europe for next summer. I have sailed QM2 so I am a bit aware of formal nights, etc. I have our 15 year old Granddaughter with us for this sailing and am concerned she will not have enough to do. Also, my other traveling companion will be 79. Anything I should be concerned about? Any tips would be appreciated.

Linda

Thanks so much for responding. She loves to socialize with other kids her age. She's a wonderful athlete and plays most sports. She is a seasoned traveler and cruiser, a great dancer, singer. She is so excited about this cruise especially about "dressing up" and being on a more formal ship.

Linda

There are the classic deck games - shuffleboard, quoits, deck tennis, etc. and likely there will be tournaments of one or more each day. If she's comfortable among older (much older) adults she and they could enjoy the competition.

She travels with me, 65 and her Grandmother, 78 so she is very comfortable with older people. I know she'll love the cruise, but I'm hoping for some kids her age which will make it much better for her.

Linda

It sounds like she will have a great time on QE. Aside from the opportunity to meet many interesting people and visiting interesting ports QE offers the following:

Games Deck

When the warm weather entices you on to the spacious Games Deck, you’ll notice a definite English country garden ambience, with the gentle clunk of croquet balls, traditional bowls or paddle tennis in the welcome shade of its canopy.

Deck Sports

Fun in the sun with traditional Ocean Liner games from shuffleboard to quoits. With daily tournaments to hone your competitive edge, you’ll be an expert before you know it!

Dance Classes

Learn the lindy hop, Jitterbug or traditional ballroom on board, ready to dance the night away to the sounds of a talented Big Band.

THE TEEN ZONE (13-17 year olds)

The Teen Zone is a club for the 13-17 year olds. We offer a number of daily activities centred around certain public rooms on board. Activities will include table tennis tournaments, team games and deck sports throughout the day, with pizza parties, discos, quizzes and bingo during the evenings. Teenagers will also watch the shows in the Royal Court Theatre and take their seats for film screenings in ConneXions.

Archived