Latitudes points poll

johnql

What is your current Latitudes level?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current Latitudes level?

• Bronze: 1-19 pts
    • Silver: 20-47 pts
    • Gold: 48-75 pts
    • Platinum: 76+ pts
    • 250+ pts
    • 500+ pts
    • 700+ pts
    • 1000+ pts

With all this talk about potential changes/additions to the Latitudes Rewards program (mainly for those who have far exceeded the Platinum level), I was just curious about the demographics of CCers.

So, here's a poll to see how CCers generally break down, as far as Latitudes level goes.

I'm currently at 98 pts.

Gold here with 51pts so 25 pts to go for platinum.

Next cruise (9 nights) was booked over 9 months prior departure but then I upgraded to a suite last month. I hope I will get 3 pts per night but as long as I have 2, I'll be OK with it (I hope my 9 months in advance booking will count even if I upgraded only 5 months prior to the cruise - If someone know, please tell me).

If I get the 3pts per night, then I'll be platinum for the cruise after, which would be very nice especially since Le Bistro is my favorite restaurant.

Lattitudes perks really do the trick in my case, I look much less at other cruise lines since I want to enjoy the platinum perks as fast as possible... good work NCL!

Next cruise (9 nights) was booked over 9 months prior departure but then I upgraded to a suite last month. I hope I will get 3 pts per night but as long as I have 2, I'll be OK with it (I hope my 9 months in advance booking will count even if I upgraded only 5 months prior to the cruise - If someone know, please tell me).

I think you will only get 2 pts per night, but not the way you think. I'm pretty sure you'll get the extra pts for the 9-mo booking. But you may not get the extra pts for the suite booking since that wasn't your original booking. At least, that's what I've read here on CC in other threads regarding how the Latitudes points are rewarded.

Gold now - 6 point short of platinum... so will get there on our next cruise :D. Looking forward to the perks in March.

We have moves so quickly through the levels that we will actually have only sailed once as Silver and once as Gold. Between booking longer cruises - 9 months out and some in suites or Latitudes it adds up quickly, so realistically - 250 is not that far a stretch.

I hope my 9 months in advance booking will count even if I upgraded only 5 months prior to the cruise - If someone know, please tell me

Hello,

Last week, I wrote to the Latitudes dept. to report a missing cruise and I got this automatic answer.

Thank you for your email to the Latitudes Rewards Department. Please note that all requests are processed in the order they were received. We are experiencing handling delays due to the high volume of emails and inquiries. We will be responding to your inquiry/request as soon as possible.

Our hours of Operations for our administrative team are: Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST. If your request is of an urgent nature, please call our Reservations Department at 1-800-327-7030.

We have included below some information on the most frequent asked questions that may assist with your inquiry:

For which of the new ways to earn points where included in the conversion?

• For the conversion, each cruise taken prior to December 5, 2011 was been counted as a point per night, and each night in a suite (except Mini-Suites) booked at full fare received an additional point per night. To receive suite credits, reservation must have been originally made in a Suite. Our new Latitudes Rewards Program does award additional points for booking a suite.

Where points provided during the conversion for bookings done nine months or prior to sailing or with the Latitudes Insider Offers?

• No, the points for booking at least nine months prior to departure and booking with a Latitudes Insider Offer were not part of the initial conversion for the program.

As of when are the Latitude Rewards points for having booked at least nine months or prior to my cruise or use the Latitudes Insider Offer being credited?

• The early booking points and Latitudes Insider Offer points apply only to sailings that depart on or after December 5, 2011. Cruises taken after the implementation date of our newly enhanced Latitudes Rewards program on December 5, 2011, will receive credit for booking at least nine months in advance.

If I initially booked an outside stateroom and then upgraded to a suite, will I receive the Suite points for the cruise?

• No, Suite points are only applicable to those cruises where a full fare suite was booked at the time the reservation was originally made. (Mini Suites are not included)

What is the process to receive recognition for cruises not reflected in my profile?

• If reporting a missing cruise, please provide us with the following documentation. Copy of cruise ticket, copy of key card and/or cruise confirmation receipt.

How do I earn Latitude Rewards Points?

• Points are earned based on the length of the cruise itinerary, booking select categories of stateroom (suite category or above not including mini suites), cruises that have been realized on or after December 5th, 2011 in which instance the booking was made nine (9) months or more in advance of the date of sailing, bookings made with a Latitudes Insider Offer on eligible cruises. In the instance that an individual upgrades to a higher stateroom category a point shall only be awarded if full fare was paid for such stateroom category. The following are not included in the list of eligible cruises: Cruises purchased at a reduce fare (I.e. employee rates, friends and family rates, vendor rate cruises taken via a cruise certificate) and other cruises designated as such by Norwegian in its sole discretion

When are Rewards Points applied to my account?

• Rewards Points for your sailing are applied to your account a few days after you return from your cruise. To see how many points you’ve earned after your sailing, log in at www.latitudesrewards.com.

Will I receive Reward Points for cruises done on any of your sister Cruise lines?

• No, Rewards Points are only provided for completed cruises on Norwegian Cruise Line ships.

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line

I am at 151 points. I sailed the Epic just after the program changed and bought 4 cruise reward certificates, thinking I start booking 9 months out. When I learned that the 250 "milestone" gift was a travel atlas, I stopped caring about points.... I'll book whenever it is convenient for me because, at the moment, more points just do not seem valuable. Meanwhile I am concentrating on making D+ on Royal Caribbean...that bump seems worthwhile. If NCL offers an incentive for me to gain points, I might respond.

The new Latitudes program worked out very well for me. I would still be bronze under the old program, but I am Silver. I have a trip scheduled for next month that will make me Gold and another scheduled in April 2013 that will make me Platinum. The longer cruises, suites and 9 month out booking will get me to Platinum in 6 cruises.

To the extremely fortunate cruiser who has 500+ points, if you don't mind responding, what was the milestone gift for achieving this level? We've seen numerous posts discussing the atlas gift for 250+ points but I don't think anyone has ever indicated what the next gift is.

To the extremely fortunate cruiser who has 500+ points, if you don't mind responding, what was the milestone gift for achieving this level? We've seen numerous posts discussing the atlas gift for 250+ points but I don't think anyone has ever indicated what the next gift is.

A photo frame. And sorry, the atlas is not leather bound!!

John

The gift for 1000+ points is supposedly a waterford bowl :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: At least that's what they listed in the survey as being the current gift.

The gift for 1000+ points is supposedly a waterford bowl :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: At least that's what they listed in the survey as being the current gift.

I must have missed the mention of the waterford bowl. Thanks for the info.

Archived