Miracle - does it have a sushi bar?

CruiseNut7

Only 196 days until our Miracle cruise, but would like to know if there is sushi bar onboard.

If so, what were the hours? Long lines, or ample sushi for everyone? How about the quality?

Thanks much CCs!

from the carnival website

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Sushi_Bar.aspx

Can I get sushi while onboard?

spacer.gifThe sushi bar is open nightly prior to the dinner hours. Saki is available at a nominal cost.

Applicable ships: Fascination, Inspiration, Ecstasy, Elation, Paradise, Fantasy, Jubilee, Celebration, Conquest, Glory, Imagination, Valor

Sushi is served for lunch at the Asian counter in the Lido Restaurant, but not nightly prior to the dinner hours. Applicable ships: Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle

When I was on the Miracle they had a sushi bar set up outside of Frankie and Johnnies club before dinner most nights. It was on deck 2.

Yes I can confirm this as of May 8th. I didn't like it though, the rice was mooshie.

i have to put my two cents in on the sushi... we just went on the Inspiration so its a different ship that you were asking about but I imagine their menu is pretty much the same.

my kids and i are big sushi buffs, we frequent a local sushi bar a couple times a month (and if i could afford it, we would go a couple times a week!) so were very excited to read there would be a sushi bar onboard.

the first night we headed up there and they had three types listed. one was california roll but in all the sushi bars ive been to ive never had a california roll like that! lol now dont get me wrong, it was OK..not great but ok. each night, they had a different three items on the menu. he gave you ONE piece of each item and that was it. when my daughter asked if she could have more, he almost seemed to pretend he didnt hear or understand, til she asked again and he gave her another piece of each item. Now, we did go back most nights so my eleven year old daughter could get her fix but I wouldnt have been heartbroken if we hadnt gotten up there each time.

SO... just a warning...if you are a big sushi buff, you may be a little disappointed. Like I said, it was okay but not restaurant quality. The rice was nice and fresh, but the rolls themselves were very tiny, and odd combinations Id never heard of before. The sushi bar also wasnt open every night of the cruise.

Archived