Beach information please

Star1

We have about 5 hours to spend before we need to be at FFL airport. We have a rental car for this time. We want to spend the afternoon on the beach, in the water and sand. I have to take a quick drive to Collins and 94th to see an empty lot. I grew up here 40 years ago. I just want to see it again. That should take 15 minutes to see an empty lot. Do we want to drive back to Ocean Drive &5th or Collins & 21st?? It has been 40 years for me and I am not sure where to spend the day. We need a place to park, eat (somewhat reasonable less than $20 each), play on beach and shower off. Please can someone show this old timer where to do all of this. I just want to show my daughter how cool it was to grow up in this area many years ago. Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm not sure about showers but I'd probably head to 21st instead of the Lummus Park area or head South of Fifth.

Or you could just head to Nikkei Beach for brunch and the beach.

The Raleigh has a daily pool pass for $25.

If it were me, I would start the day at 5th and Ocean. Take a dip if you wanted there. They have public fresh water showers, but puhleeeessseee do not shampoo your hair. Relax get something to eat. Then head north to see your lot before heading back to FLL. I think you would waste too much time traveling back and forth from 96th to South Beach.

Another option, start your drive on Ocean and head north via Collins. Stop at 56th Street (public lot usually tons of parking)and relax by the beach. Rinse off, have fresh seafood at Fifi's on 69th. Then go see your lot.

Yogi

If we go to 5th and Ocean where do I park?? Where should we eat??? As I said it was a long time ago that I lived in Miami. Our hotel is not even there any more. But I still remember the area around the hotel. My daughter thinks I am crazy to see an empty lot but.... it is something I wish to do.

Ok so now I need to make my little stop fit into a wonderful day for the family. Swimming, food and shopping makes them happy. Any advice would be great.

Relax and enjoy life.

Archived