Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

OMG!!!! Now we are adding loyalty levels to the CC boards????? So if a person disagrees with someone who has multiple cruises with Carnival, we aren't allowed to respond???? Absolutely rdiculous :rolleyes:

No that is NOT what I'm saying.

She is entitled to an opinion and her opinion is valid as this change actually AFFECTS HER because she has had so many cruises with CCL.

If you don't like her posts, put her on ignore. The nasty attack on her reduces this board to trash.

Thank you for coming to my defense.

No problem.

Comprehension on these boards is lacking at times...seriously.

How many Carnival cruises have you been on ? I see 2 in your profile.

The part of this thread that is disgusting is the jealousy of those that have cruised many times, therefore referring to them as "entitled". They don't feel that way, it is just something that those with fewer cruises feel.

Come on.

Entitled is what it's all about for so many.

I'm Platinum and I'm special is what it's really all about for some.

BTW I have 20 total cruises, 15 on Carnival.

They are not taking anything away from me under the new program.

If I was not already Platinum I would buy it for a 7 night or longer cruise

No that is NOT what I'm saying.

She is entitled to an opinion and her opinion is valid as this change actually AFFECTS HER because she has had so many cruises with CCL.

If you don't like her posts, put her on ignore. The nasty attack on her reduces this board to trash.

The new program does NOT affect anyone who is Platinum or Diamond in any way.

you can't say that.

if it delays their boarding even by a second, or their wait time at guest services, or their dining arrangements, their room readiness, their liuggaage arrival, or even their tender wait time, it most certainly does.

as a vip cruiser, i have been delayed for a myriad of reasons without adding a new class of embarkers.

and i hope the platinum cruiser takes notice as this is launched.

you can't say that.

if it delays their boarding even by a second, or their wait time at guest services, or their dining arrangements, their room readiness, their liuggaage arrival, or even their tender wait time, it most certainly does.

as a vip cruiser, i have been delayed for a myriad of reasons without adding a new class of embarkers.

I an saying it and I stand by it.

Nothing you said is a fact. Just a guess.

This program has not even started yet.

Until we see how it goes what you said is just another opinion NOT based on fact.

It's sad to see how low CC has become.

Until we see how it goes what you said is just another opinion NOT based on fact.

Totally agree with you. Seems these few platiniums who are doing all the whining somehow seem to think they will get thrown to the back of the entire pack. Maybe Carnival should taken into account all their crybaby whining and do just that :p

really. you've stated as fact it won't effect you.

i have no idea if it will affect me, nor have i even attempted to state such.

but certainly have no idea of the correlation of the launch of this programme and its affect on cruise critic. signing on has not changed, regardless of how many cruises one has taken.

Totally agree with you. Seems these few platiniums who are doing all the whining somehow seem to think they will get thrown to the back of the entire pack. Maybe Carnival should taken into account all their crybaby whining and do just that :p

That would be really cool:D

really. you've stated as fact it won't effect you.

i have no idea if it will affect me, nor have i even attempted to state such.

but certainly have no idea of the correlation of the launch of this programme and its affect on cruise critic. signing on has not changed, regardless of how many cruises one has taken.

As the program has not rolled out yet it has not affected Platinum cruises in any way...that's a fact.

It would be nice if the usual Carnival bashes would hold off until the test program rolled out for awhile.

I guess something like that does not fit the agenda.

But that kind of remains to be seen, doesn't it?

I was on a cruise last August that had 300+ vips.

Embarkation a bit hairy and the carnival folks were definitely stressed.

There were two couples who were boarding right before us and they were very upset.

When they announced the "new" loyalty program I thought it was to cut down on the numbers of vips.

But instead they are selling more priority boarding.

Does this even make sense?

So what was the real reason for the changes to the vip program?:rolleyes:

I have also read several comments from people who have bought the FttF in order to have immediate access to their cabins.

However my understanding, from what I read, was that they were buying priority access to their cabin and not necessarily immediate access.

It sounds to me like they may still be hauling their carry ons around for a while.

I guess that I look at things differently than most. I'm on a cruise, so I"m not going to stress over the little things that really don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. There are so many people in the world that would love to take a cruise even if they had to stand in line, get a later tender, wait on their luggage, etc, but they don't have the finances or maybe the physical ability to do it. I'm happy no matter just as long as I get on the ship. The other things really don't matter.

"f it delays their boarding even by a second, or their wait time at guest services, or their dining arrangements, their room readiness, their liuggaage arrival, or even their tender wait time, it most certainly does.

"

Of course that is a fact! If you add 80+ Ftf, they WILL dilute the services that platinum+ people get- why is that so difficult to understand? These extra people will stand between platinum + people and the first tender too. Do you think they will hire extra people for the front desk? Of course not! To say that this will not negatively affect platinum + cruisers is a lie on the scale of:

1) The revamp loyalty program is better!

or

2) The new CCL sunshine will not feel crowded!

As the program has not rolled out yet it has not affected Platinum cruises in any way...that's a fact.

It would be nice if the usual Carnival bashes would hold off until the test program rolled out for awhile.

I guess something like that does not fit the agenda.

I see you have taken it upon yourself to dictate who can post and what agin.

Maybe you should go start your own board.

Don't forget to take all you sock puppets with you so you have someone to talk to.

I am platinum and the program itself does not bother me, based upon what I have read the only places where platinum guests might be delayed is at the customer service desk and priority tender boarding and I very seldom use either. Plus we get the two additional 'perks', getting into the room early would be nice, the luggage we have always had before dinner, so no issue there. What bothers me about this is that paying for these extras is just the beginning of so called Airline Fees. What is next, eventually we will be paying to check luggage (Can you imagine early debarkation then :) )

At least according to the regular suspects on CC.

As a Platinum guest It seams to me I'm getting two new perks at no cost.

I agree. I hope they start this on the Glory before my cruise in December. Its my first Platinum cruise and according to the "Excursion" description, I would get the added perk of being able to go immediately to my room and having my luggage delivered first if they do this "Excursion" on Glory. I don't think this is currently a Platinum perk...IS IT??? Plus Platinum/Diamond Guests will still get priority over "Excursion" guests for boarding.

I had another thought also. We always complain when Carnival does some new gimmick to earn more money even when the new gimmick does not really effect us or our enjoyment of our Cruise. In the end, the reason I Cruise Carnival is because they have offer value for the price. If they can hold their costs down by doing these little gimmicks while not really effecting the value offered to me, I'm all for it. So Carnival you can bring on all the price increases you want for the steak house (which I don't want to eat in anyway) and sell your platinum perks as long as I continue to get a great cruise with lobster in the MDR, Robes in the rooms, larger than average inner and OV rooms, lots of Karaoke, beautiful ocean views and ports of call and all at an affordable price!

I see you have taken it upon yourself to dictate who can post and what agin.

Maybe you should go start your own board.

Don't forget to take all you sock puppets with you so you have someone to talk to.

Another of the usual suspects heard from.

Thank you for the personal attack and happy cruising.

"f it delays their boarding even by a second, or their wait time at guest services, or their dining arrangements, their room readiness, their liuggaage arrival, or even their tender wait time, it most certainly does.

Of course that is a fact! If you add 80+ Ftf, they WILL dilute the services that platinum+ people get- why is that so difficult to understand? These extra people will stand between platinum + people and the first tender too. Do you think they will hire extra people for the front desk? Of course not! To say that this will not negatively affect platinum + cruisers is a lie on the scale of:

1) The revamp loyalty program is better!

or

2) The new CCL sunshine will not feel crowded!

Why even test the new program?

You already know the outcome.

Thanks for keeping an open mind.

I see the usual suspects are all here and defending each other.

I wish the usual suspects would take your advice.

BTW IMHO it was not a personal attack, just an opinion

The "usual suspects" seem to offer the most help to others, as they have the most cruises under their belts, and have been with CCL for quite a while. It is a shame they can't offer their opinion without getting slammed as being a cheerleader or hater. As far as the new program goes I would be right up there spending the $49.95 for the new perk if it made my vacation more relaxing and enjoyable.:D

Hey gang I just got this from my Carnival Personal Vacation Planner. Hope this helps

Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members and Suite guests will be the only guests to have access to the VIP lounge at embarkation, just as they are today. Faster to the Fun Guests will not have this benefit, so embarkation will not be impacted in the VIP lounge.

§ Similar to airlines boarding first class and then elite frequent flyers, etc., we will START with Diamond, Platinum VIFP Club members when embarkation begins. Then we will board Faster to the Fun guests.

§ The number of people who may purchase Faster to the Fun will be capacity controlled based upon the number of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members booked for the sailing. If a sailing has a significant number of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members, then we won’t plan to sell many Faster to the Fun packages. Conversely, if there are very few Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members on a particular sailing, then we will be able to sell a few more Faster to the Fun packages.

Will there be a separate security screening line for those who purchase a FTTF package?

At the pier, FTTF guests will join the VIP Line as they enter the security screening check point. After the security screening, the FTTF guests will go to the check-in counter, whereas, Platinum and Diamond guests will go to the VIP Lounge.

Do Faster to the Fun guests receive invitation to the VIFP party?

No, the VIFP party is exclusive to Gold, Platinum and Diamond VIFP members only.

Do FTTF guests receive laundry perks?

NO this is exclusive to Platinum and Diamond VIFP members ONLY. (See VIFP Member Benefits in ResNet for complete details)

How does priority dining for Platinum and Diamond guests vs. Faster to the Fun guests?

Diamond and Platinum VIFP club members will STILL receive priority over the Faster to the Fun guests for dining requests. This is true both in advance of the sailing as well as once onboard. In the case of onboard requests, the maître d, would first clear all Diamond members, next Platinum members, and then Faster to the Fun guests.

FASTER TO THE FUN INCLUDES:

Early Embarkation

Early Stateroom Availability

Express Luggage Delivery to Staterooms

Priority Dinner Seatings

Priority Tender Availability

Choice of Early or Late Debarkation

Express Access to Ships' Guest Services Desk

IN A NUTSHELL:

§ Early Embarkation, Priority Tender and Choice of Early or Late Debarkation: FTTF gets this AFTER Platinum and Diamond guests.

§ Early Stateroom and Express Luggage Deliver – Platinum, Diamond and FTTF all get this benefit. THIS IS A NET NEW BENEFIT FOR PLATINUM AND DIAMOND GUESTS!

§ Priority Dinner Seating – FTTF gets cleared AFTERPlatinum and Diamond guests

The "usual suspects" seem to offer the most help to others, as they have the most cruises under their belts, and have been with CCL for quite a while. It is a shame they can't offer their opinion without getting slammed as being a cheerleader or hater. As far as the new program goes I would be right up there spending the $49.95 for the new perk if it made my vacation more relaxing and enjoyable.:D

See post #613.

If you have, say, 20,000 post and most of them is nothing but bashing Carnival how is that helpful?

When I see a really hight post count it seems like someone who cruises the iinternet a lot more then the ocean.

Your CC post count, in no way, shows how much cruising knowledge or how helpful you are.

It does show how much time you spend on the internet/CC.:D

you can't say that.

Well said!

If a ship is large with large capacity, it most certainly will impact the VIP. The pier is already a mad house when trying to board 3000+ people. If they were only adding 60 (and that's a big if cuz I bet its more) that is still delaying me.

I guess that I look at things differently than most. I'm on a cruise, so I"m not going to stress over the little things that really don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. There are so many people in the world that would love to take a cruise even if they had to stand in line, get a later tender, wait on their luggage, etc, but they don't have the finances or maybe the physical ability to do it. I'm happy no matter just as long as I get on the ship. The other things really don't matter.

Maybe for you, but for me I can't stand for long periods of time. When I have to stand in one line for 10 minutes, go to another line and stand another 10 minutes and so on, there are no chairs in between. Yet if I got a wheelchair for boarding, People would say something when they don't see me later with it.:rolleyes:

From Carnival: "At the pier, FTTF guests will join the VIP Line as they enter the security screening check point. After the security screening, the FTTF guests will go to the check-in counter, whereas, Platinum and Diamond guests will go to the VIP Lounge. "

That might be true in many ports but not in Long Beach. The VIP lounge is located in a separate building outside before you go thru the security, x-ray, etc. They take you from there to go into the terminal to go thru x-ray etc. so it sounds like it most definitely will impact ME!~ That is if they take this fleetwide which it sounds like they are planning to.

§ The number of people who may purchase Faster to the Fun will be capacity controlled based upon the number of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members booked for the sailing. If a sailing has a significant number of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members, then we won’t plan to sell many Faster to the Fun packages. Conversely, if there are very few Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members on a particular sailing, then we will be able to sell a few more Faster to the Fun packages.

Will there be a separate security screening line for those who purchase a FTTF package?

At the pier, FTTF guests will join the VIP Line as they enter the security screening check point. After the security screening, the FTTF guests will go to the check-in counter, whereas, Platinum and Diamond guests will go to the VIP Lounge.

FASTER TO THE FUN INCLUDES:

Early Embarkation

Early Stateroom Availability

Express Luggage Delivery to Staterooms

Priority Dinner Seatings

Priority Tender Availability

Choice of Early or Late Debarkation

Express Access to Ships' Guest Services Desk

While I dont begrudge any one buying it. I just dont sgree with it.

I just question CCL reasoning as it is only to make money. But they are upsetting a loyal cruise base not just here on CC but on FB where alot of the posters that are usually the most loyal are complaining as well.

And while people say it wont affect P/D cruisers here are 3 ways it does.

#1 they are selling passes for cruises next year....... 9+ months out. There is no way they know how many P/D will be on that cruise.. So I call BS I think they are going to sell it for every cruise

#2 They will be in the same security line.... currently it is for P/D and suites so that will affect others besides P/D

#3 Guest services counter Thats the one that will affect me the most personally. Its nice to be able and walk up to GS and ask a quick question or break big bills without having to wait for a half hour

Archived