Celebrity cancels entire cruise!!

cassandra44

We booked a 5 day Western Caribbean cruise on the Celebrity Constellation on Feb 23rd 2013 as a way of extending our annual trip down to Florida. We did a similar cruise this year and enjoyed having the extra 5 day period of relaxation prior to the start of our condo lease in Naples.

I have just had a call from our agent who informed me that Celebrity has decided to charter the ship and has cancelled the cruise! NO word directly from Celebrity...just a phone call from my agent.

I was astonished that a cruise line would do this. Celebrity advertised the cruise on their brochure and we booked it in good faith. Now they appear to be reneging on the contracts in favour of something more favourable.

It's bad enough that it happened but quite unpardonable that the cruise line did not bother to contact us directly to explain what had happened.

In the past we have cruised with Oceania, Princess, HAL and Celebrity but we will think twice before booking another cruise with Celebrity.

Things happen and in my opinion this is why we always have our TA book our air and hotel through the cruise line. If you book your air and hotel on your own you are still on the hook if your cruise gets cancelled for whatever reason.where as if you book through your cruise line you get a full refund and no questions asked. Just sayin

Many years ago, we had a cruise on the Horizon get cancelled. We booked a cruise on another line. When we got to the dock, the Horizon was docked next to our ship. It had been chartered out to Northern Telecom. It had Northern Telecom priinted on the hull right under the Horizon.

Archived