Allure, or Freedom?

If price wasn't an issue which one would you decide on and why? One is western, the other is eastern. Both are Balcony D-1 staterooms. Our issue is we can travel to our Florida home, and drive to either terminal, but FLL is 2 hrs further south. Is parking more at either? Anything that can help us decide would be wonderful!!

Been on them both, and both were very enjoyable!!

But, if I had to make a choice, I would choose the Allure. For me and my hubby, she was an over the top, magnificent ship!!! So much to do and see, 1 week is not enough. Loved her neighborhoods. Central Park is so peaceful, and at night, the lighting is beautiful. We would sit out there until they turned the "bubble" lights off. 12:30 to be exact:D

Enjoyed both itineraries, but prefer the Eastern.

Can't help with parking, we took a shuttle from our hotel each time.

Been on them both, and both were very enjoyable!!

Whichever you do, you can do the other next year. After twice on Allure, I am thinking of going back to Freedom, or perhaps Liberty the year after.

We have sailed both the Oasis and the Freedom and thoroughly enjoyed both. However, I honestly think I would choose the Allure but it's kinda like which of your two kids do you love more.

The biggest reason? The Solarium on the Allure. We sailed last year on the Oasis and LIVED in the Solarium. It is the closest one can get to heaven. It is an adults only area (we actually saw crew running kids out of the Solarium hot tubs - the ones that hang out over the edge of the ship). Not that I don't like kids but they have four pools and two Flowriders aft.

So my vote is Allure!

----------------------

Sea ya!

Hobiecat01

Ron and Lee

Canton, GA (a NW sub of Atlanta, GA)

Proud Emerald Crown & Anchor Members

CCL: Mardis Gras, Destiny

Princess: Grand, Sea

RCL: Serenade, Navigator, Mariner, Freedom, Liberty, Oasis

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." - Ben Franklin

73 Days at sea!

The biggest reason? The Solarium on the Allure.

I guess tastes do vary, I like both the Windjammer and Solarium on the Freedom more than Allure, i like to be outside, in an adult area and have a pool. (The Allure has a birdbath. ;) ) That said, back to Allure first.

We were in your exact position just two months ago! We did the Allure last summer and choose the Freedom this year for two reasons. We hadn't been to Grand Caymen in 20 years and it was a two hour drive vs five hours. We had a wonderful time, HOWEVER, we both agreed that next summer we're going back to the Oasis/Allure. We just missed the neighborhoods and all the dining choices and the big, beautiful ships. So three additional hours in the car for us next year....any cruise on Royal is a great cruise

We've been on Freedom and Allure, and loved them both (we've also been on sister ships Liberty and Oasis). If I had to choose between the two I'd pick Allure, because it has everything Freedom offers, such as the Flowrider and Ice Skating, plus it also has the zip line, carousel, and 3-D theater. It also has the show in the aqua theater, which was fantastic, and the neighborhoods. Lastly, there were more dining options (Love Central Park Cafe!). As far as ports, I'd favor an itinerary if it had Labadee (the private island), but aside from that I don't have a favorite island.

Well if price wasnt an issue, there is NO doubt I would pick Allure.

Freedom was absolutely wonderful......It took my breath away when I got on board. I was absolutely "wow'd" for the whole first day. Wonderful ship, excellent staff and service.

With that said, I am itching bad to try Allure. Unfortunately, price IS an issue for me :o And it adds about another 3.5 hours on the drive down.

Hobiecat101

Are you saying the solarium on Oasis is different than Allure? How so?

The Solarium is different between the two ships. On Oasis ships the Solarium is a little more enclosed than on the Freedom. It is partially enclosed with glass with some openings in the roof (kinda slotted openings) and the pool is smaller on the Oasis/Allure as another mentioned "birdbath" comes to mind. The cantilevered hot tubs on the other hand are much bigger than the Freedom and even has TV's mounted above them.

The Freedom's Solarium is much more open to the sky. It also has a bigger pool and smaller hot tubs. Both are adults only and have a bar there. The Oasis/Allure also have a bistro set up in addition to the bar.

If price wasn't an issue which one would you decide on and why? One is western, the other is eastern. Both are Balcony D-1 staterooms. Our issue is we can travel to our Florida home, and drive to either terminal, but FLL is 2 hrs further south. Is parking more at either? Anything that can help us decide would be wonderful!!

Like them both. Allure has more bells/whistles. Especially with Chicago and Blue Planet. So much technology. Personally, I way like Eastern more than Western, but that is just us. I really cannot think you go wrong with either ship. They are both amazing.

I guess tastes do vary, I like both the Windjammer and Solarium on the Freedom more than Allure, i like to be outside, in an adult area and have a pool. (The Allure has a birdbath. ;) ) That said, back to Allure first.

I don't think you will find many agreeing with you on liking Freedom's Solarium more than Oasis/Allure.....that is one of the many features of Oasis/Allure that is a huge improvement over Freedom class.

Archived