Using stroller during boarding

joecool234

This is our first cruise so pardon the stupid question.

Can we use the stroller while boarding?

I know she'll have to get out for the x-ray. I guess what really wondering if the line is on a ramp- or if we have to walk up stairs to get onto the actual ship.

You mention on another thread that you are going on Explorer. You should note that this port requires a short shuttle trip between the terminal and the ship. Just a heads up on that. I do know there is a ramp for wheelchairs to board the ship on a different deck but if memory serves right, others use stairs.

You can use the stroller she will just have to walk through the x-ray and send teh stroller through the machine. They have elevators for you to use in the terminal. We use it every time and its no big deal at all.

For Explorer out of Cape Liberty???? It's a one-story terminal. No elevators.

I just got off the explorer with my two kids. I kept my 2 year old in th stroller in the terminal (one story-no elevators) and then rolled him right on to the shuttle (one of the workers helped my husband lift it up into the bus) then we rolled him right off the shuttle and walked up the ramp to the ship. No problems at all. We took the elevator to the 11th floor for lunch and that is where we unstrapped him. Easy peasy. have a great cruise!

You mention on another thread that you are going on Explorer. You should note that this port requires a short shuttle trip between the terminal and the ship. Just a heads up on that. I do know there is a ramp for wheelchairs to board the ship on a different deck but if memory serves right, others use stairs.

Thanks for this tidbit. We're bringing a tiny umbrella stroller and she's a walker so it's NBD but really good to know. Thanks!

Archived