Transfer to Barcelona airport to port

feeor

Hi All,

We were just going to grab a taxi from the airport to the port. My hubby is starting to freak and reckons we should have something booked to pick us up. I have priced a few various transfer co's and a few quoting 39 euro and some others crazy prices. Anyway firstly is there a real need to book one and if there is can anyone recommend a company they used. Heading on Saturday so know I'm leaving this one a bit late.

If you think your hubby is freaking now...imagine what he will do when you are being driven on the wrong side of the road? But seriously, you have nothing to fear. If you want to simply catch a taxi to the port you will find an organized taxi queue right outside of the terminal door just like at every major airport. The taxis will run their meter and it will cost you approximately 30 Euros to the port. The taxis in Barcelona are clean and efficient and we have even seen some that accept credit cards. If your husband wants to hire a private transfer service you will likely pay more more then a regular taxi.

Hank

If you think your hubby is freaking now...imagine what he will do when you are being driven on the wrong side of the road? But seriously, you have nothing to fear. If you want to simply catch a taxi to the port you will find an organized taxi queue right outside of the terminal door just like at every major airport. The taxis will run their meter and it will cost you approximately 30 Euros to the port. The taxis in Barcelona are clean and efficient and we have even seen some that accept credit cards. If your husband wants to hire a private transfer service you will likely pay more more then a regular taxi.

Hank

I think the only caveat would be: how much luggage are you travelling with? If you've got 4 huge suitcases, you MIGHT struggle to pile into a regular cab.

I've flown into Barcelona twice with just me and my children and grabbing a cab couldn't be easier, even though we're exhausted and don't speak the language it was no problem at all. Once you collect your luggage and go through customs, it's easy to find the exit that leads to the cab line. We've never waited long - even though we require one of the larger taxi vans because we have a lot of luggage and a large stroller. There were always plenty of the larger taxis there. They usually don't speak English, so have your specific destination written down to hand to the driver. We used cabs dozens of times during our visits to Barcelona and never had any trouble - drivers are friendly and there's a meter. There are add-on surcharges for airport and luggage, but it's still much less expensive than arranging transportation ahead of time (I looked into it). I wanted to use a credit card each time, so based on the good advice I found here, I made sure the credit card logos were on a sticker on the window and then I just confirmed before I got in "credit card ok?".

Have a great trip!

Best,

Mia

Thanks for that too.

We fly in the night before we cruise and it'll be most helpful to not be frazzled when we arrive. Our biggest concern would be those cabbies that take the "scenic" route, to boost their fare. I'm assuming the drivers at the airport are regulated and honest?

Thanks for that too.

We fly in the night before we cruise and it'll be most helpful to not be frazzled when we arrive. Our biggest concern would be those cabbies that take the "scenic" route, to boost their fare. I'm assuming the drivers at the airport are regulated and honest?

We took cabs several times while staying in Barcelona last fall pre-cruise and never had any problems. It was a bargain for two couples splitting the fare. The driver we had from the airport to our hotel when we first arrived kept up a running narration about the city and even warned us about pickpockets.

Is it just as easy from the port to the airport? Will they be lined up there, too?

Most of the time, yes. If a lot of folks getting off the ship grab taxis you might have to wait a few minutes...but there are lots of taxis in Barcelona and they will keep coming as long as there are customers.

Hank

Reading this thread made me think of a similar question regarding our upcoming cruise that ends in Barcelona. We are staying two nights post cruise and will need a taxi from the port to our hotel. Since this is a much shorter ride than to the airport, and a lower fare, has anyone encountered problems getting a taxi from the port to hotel? I'm thinking the cab drivers may want to hold out for an airport transfer. Thanks!

Has anyone done any of the excursions in Barcelona or is it easy enough to do the sights on your own?

An excursion isn't really necessary...use the HOHO bus...a great overview and easy to HOHO.

Archived