Hilton Rose Hall or Sunset Beach

DolfanNY

We went to the Hilton in 2007 when it was owned by Wyndham. We really enjoyed the property. The beach is gorgeous white sand. The water park is small but a lot of fun. There were two main slides and a lazy river. In the center is a swim-up bar where draft Red Stripe or a selection of frozen concoctions can be had as you float by on your tube. The food is just ok but it's as good as Sunset Beach. The only downside is the 45 minutes each direction which is time spend relaxing at Sunset.

Sunset Beach is literally a 5 minute drive. They have a nice water park and several activities. Rose Hill is nice but comparing the drive which as Paul mentioned is 1-1/2 - 2 hours out of the day we usually choose Sunset Beach. Just my opinion of course. Hope you have a great trip. We will be there again in 3 weeks.

I heard it is only a 25 minute ride to the Hilton Rose Hall. How do you figure 1 1/2- 2 hours out of the day?

Having taken the trip I can verify that it is more than 25 minutes but less than 50 minutes each way. You should plan on the trip taking at least 40 minutes in each direction. The cruise ship pier is located southwest of Montego Bay while the Rose Hall area is northeast of town. Getting through town to the airport will take you 25 minutes then you travel another ten to twenty minutes east along the coast depending on traffic.

Archived