Why No Princess

Shogun

Hi All,

While Scotland is not a big place, cruising is the fastest growing part of the holiday market,

so when there is a cruise show at the national exhibition centre you would expect all the large operators to be there,

RCI

NCL

Carnival

Celebrity

Fred Olson

Silver Sea

Regent

Windstart etc etc

so which big player is missing

Princess and P&O as well as Cunard

so question why,

the same show goes to Birmingham as well as London and

guess what the three of them are there,

at least cruise critic will be there.

yours Shogun

Hi Longcruiser,

nice to hear from you again, so you are coming over to my little part of the world,

weather could be anything from heat wave like today to flash floods a few days ago, so pack for all.

If you go to the Princess bucket list you will see a story I wrote about greenock.

Do you have any tours booked

yours Shogun

Hi shogun:

I don't post much but I wanted to tell you we just got back from a Hal cruise to Norway and Scotland and I absolutely LOVED Scotland. It was beautiful, and the bagpipes. There were a group of bagpipers outside the ship at one port selling cd's.of course I had to get one. Also bought a refrigerator magnet that plays bagpipe music.

We hate flying. Would love to visit again, wish we could cruise there from San francisco.

The question really should be: why isn't Princess UK at the show? It seems as though the UK-based Carnival Corporation lines aren't represented. Unless I'm missing something, Princess wouldn't attend the show as that would be up to Princess UK, which is a separate division.

Hi long cruiser,

Remember us? We were one of the Scottish contingent.

We, (George and Helen) and Andrew (bandblady) met bobka (Bob and Eileen) and retiredtimes2 (Dawna and Rick from Canada) in Greenock last September and took them all on a whistlestop tour of Scotland, Edinburgh, Stirling and Loch Lomond.

We had lunch in Stirling with bandblady(Kay and Andrew). Mrs. Shogun joined us there with balernocalling (Elaine and Doug).

We had a great day and the sun shone.

I hope the sun shines for you this September and you have a good day.

Hi shogun:

I don't post much but I wanted to tell you we just got back from a Hal cruise to Norway and Scotland and I absolutely LOVED Scotland. It was beautiful, and the bagpipes. There were a group of bagpipers outside the ship at one port selling cd's.of course I had to get one. Also bought a refrigerator magnet that plays bagpipe music.

We hate flying. Would love to visit again, wish we could cruise there from San francisco.

We love San Francisco. I think it would be a great idea if Princess ran cruises between there and Scotland, and back of course.:)

Archived