Another ATN strike

markser

I saw on another web site that ATN is dealing with another strike. I know there was a brief one a few months ago. Here is a link.

http://www.airtahitinui.ca/company/flight-disruption.asp

I guess Paul Gauguin is used to dealing with these. I wouldn't mind an extra day or two on Tahiti (who pays for the hotel) but would dread flying from Tahiti to Los Angeles via Auckland.

Have any past cruisers been foiled by an ATN strike?

Last year we flew into Papeete the day before the strike was due to strart. My cousins who were on the cruise with us were sent to Papeete on an overnight Air new Zealand flight by our TA and put up for the day in the Sofitel at no extra cost. People who reached Tahiti on the night of the cruise were also ok as the strike started at midnight. However we were all stressed by the situation.

We had actually also booked full fare AF tickets as we were determined to go on our holiday. We didnt use it so only lost a tidy sum on conversion factors.

I saw on another web site that ATN is dealing with another strike. I know there was a brief one a few months ago. Here is a link.

http://www.airtahitinui.ca/company/flight-disruption.asp

I guess Paul Gauguin is used to dealing with these. I wouldn't mind an extra day or two on Tahiti (who pays for the hotel) but would dread flying from Tahiti to Los Angeles via Auckland.

Have any past cruisers been foiled by an ATN strike?

Is there any more strike action planned during the coming week or is it finished now? We will be flying out on Friday 17th and have not booked our flights through the ship.

Archived