Mayfield Falls and A-Z planning

lisa64

Just back from a western caribbean tour that included Montego Bay. We had a wonderful time and the scariest encounter we had was driving up the mountains to Mayfield Falls. Just kidding. We were a group of 4 adults, 5 children ages 3-11. What a wonderful time. Mayfield Falls is perfect. I booked a trip with A-Z planning and Belinda that cost $45 an adult, $35 a child. Our guide Reyn showed us his beautiful island. He met us right at the docking at 8:30am and took us on a mountainous adventure to Mayfield Falls. We had the most perfect guide there. Dennis made the trip for us. He took us all through the falls showing us all kinds of fun and wonderful things throughout the walk. The kids loved him!!!! So did we. He carried all of our gear and most of the time our three year old. He was just fantastic. We could never have handled everything without him. He showed us all so many other wonderful things on the walk back from the falls. Fern tatoos, leaves that worked as soap, curry as an antibiotic. The kids learned so much. Can't say enough about this man. Dennis was wonderful!!!! After the falls, drove around to see more of Montego Bay downtown and then back to the ship. Reyn was great in that he would do whatever we wanted and was willing to wait. Told us about alot of their history and culture. Great trip. Not one incident of being badgered by anyone in the shops or anywhere else. Talked to others on the ship who took the Dunn's River Falls trip as a ship excursion. They said they paid $100 each to stand in long lines to climb. Seemed dissapointed. Seemed more interested in our trip. Had a few reservations with Jamaica and booking on own, but no more. Had a wonderful time. Thank you to Reyn and Dennis for making our trip special.

I would second that! We had Reyn and Dennis as our guides in February. It was just my husband and I and two boys on the whole tour (the Carnival boat didn't come into port that day!). We loved this tour and for my boys it was the highlight of the cruise!

ToryBruno

Holland America Zaandam 2/04

Grand Princess 9/03

Carnival Inspiration 2/03

Celebrity Horizon 12/02

Golden Princess 11/01

Carnival Holiday 11/94

RCCL Song of America 9/86

Archived