Club O2 excursions?

hunnibee72

We are going on the Miracle on aug 18th and from what I understand club O2 offers excursions for the kids. I am traveling with my 17yo son and we were wondering if anyone knew if this was true and if so does anyone know what excursions are offered to them in Grand Turk and Nassau? Thanks!!

Melissa

it depends on the sailing and must have a few kids to participate. usually only doing an excursion in one port not all most cruises it doesn thappen as people are leary about letting a teen out in a strange port with strangers.

personally i would not allow my kids to do that as teens you really do not know those other kids

I agree with Serene56...you don't know the other kids or the staff well enough to let a bunch of teenagers go off on their own while in port, domestic or foreign although because of their cellphones we did let the boys go off on their own to do a little shopping while in port in Key West last year...but we were not too far behind them. Most teenagers are not mature enough to be responsible in that kind of situation. That's just MHO. I know I wouldn't let my DS (17) or his friend (18) do it. We were just on the Pride and I didn't hear of any excursions for that age group on any of the ports we were in. Also, while in port in the Bahamas a week ago, the boys were walking up ahead of us, again we were all doing a little shopping, when they were offered marijuana by one of the local teens.

The cruise we took our 16 year old son on did not have enough kids to do an excursion with the Club 02 group, but as others have said, I preferred him being with us or his uncle anyway. He did have fun though doing the activities on the ship and hanging out with the other teens in his group.

It's usually a beach/snorkel excursion. Typically there is only one teen excursion scheduled per cruise and it will have limited spots. I'm not sure how often they fill up but I know they are typically limited to around 25 kids. So, I would sign up as soon as you have the info you need. Prices will be inline with other similar excursions booked through Carnival at that port.

It is safe, the Carnival employees are more than likely a lot more familiar with the ports and surrounding areas than you are - they do this same thing every week. If there would've been any issues in the past with the teen excursions it would've been posted here or somewhere else on the internet. I haven't ever heard/seen any issues or problems reported with the teen excursions.

One of the cruises my nephew cruised with us, when he was 16 on the Legend. One of the ports, Isa Rotan they had a club O2 excursion. He went with them and had a blast. By that time in the cruise I was familiar enough with the club O2 director that I felt comfortable for him to go along with them. From my experience they generally do a beach day type excursion. On the 2nd and 3rd cruise he came along, they offered an excursion but not enough teens on the ship to participate and the 3rd cruise was 18 although able to participate in club O2 as he was still considered in high school, he chose not to go on the excursion.

On the cruise he participated it was one of the last ports, not sure if all ships are like that. If that's the case, it gives you enough time to decide if your comfortable enough with him/her going on club O2 excursion with those first few days communication with the club O2 director.

Thank you for the information! I'm not even sure if they do offer excursions in the ports he will want to go. He is sort of a homebody and likes to stick close to my side. We are trying to break him of that since he will be heading off to college in the fall. We are trying to give him some independence but still like the fact that he will be supervised by a staff member for his safety.

We were on the Miracle in June. There were 2 teen excursions. Screaming Eagle was one and I think the other was some kind of catamaran. I'll ask my daughter in the morning and get back to you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Sorry about the delay, I just found the paperwork. St. Thomas screamin eagle jet boat. Its one hour total. 30 min tour and 30 min turbocharged fun. Grand Turk was the flowrider deluxe. 1.5 hours which is more than the usual. My daughter didn't go on these as we had plans, but they did fill the trips. You need to sign up by the second sea day, 1pm.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Archived