Please help me with insurance.

newbees

Since SAS has a big sale for air from SFO to CPH, I booked my flight for my family with non refundable tickets from sfo-cph (june 10-21, 2013). I also made a deposit of $500 for my Baltic cruise. I have paid for the the air tickets, but the final payment for the cruise is not until March 19, 2013. We are young and healthy ( 39,46,12 and 9 year old). Since the trip is 10 months away, and I have elderly parents at home, I need to buy insurance for my trip. God forbids, if something happens to them, we will have to cancel our trip (they are not going with us). I have looked into insuremytrip dot com, however for allianz's policy, their coverage for trip cancellation is only 1739usd. When I go to tripinsurance dot com, I got a little cheaper quote with trip cancellation coverage up to the total cost of the trip. Is it a legit company? Allianz has lots of good reviews. Which one should I choose? BTW, if my dad has to stay in a hospital, does that qualify as a pre-trip cancellation? I don't need cancel for any reason, I just need to be able to cancel my trip if my parents have problems.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

In order to really eliminate any worries about your parent's health conditions being excluded as Pre-existing, you needs to buy insurance within 14-21 days of buying your air tickets. Each policy has slightly different coverage amounts and slightly different definitions and options. If the chart of so many companies listed at insure my trip is too confusing, try tripinsurancestore.com. Very good explanation pages, limited to top Pre-screened policies, very helpful site. You can expect to pay 4-6% for decent basic coverage. Squaremouth is also a good site to use.

Archived