Celebrity Laundry

go noles

We will board the 12/29 Reflection after dis-embarking the 12/22 Caribbean Princess. We've never had the good fortune of cruising so long so we are trying to figure out clothes etc. I plan on using the Princess self serve laundry one of the last couple of days to do shorts, t-shirts, socks, underwear etc. Then I hope to have evening clothes dry cleaned on Reflection. Does it work like a hotel? Any experience with turnaround time? Thanks

We will board the 12/29 Reflection after dis-embarking the 12/22 Caribbean Princess. We've never had the good fortune of cruising so long so we are trying to figure out clothes etc. I plan on using the Princess self serve laundry one of the last couple of days to do shorts, t-shirts, socks, underwear etc. Then I hope to have evening clothes dry cleaned on Reflection. Does it work like a hotel? Any experience with turnaround time? Thanks

You can just leave it for your cabin steward in the morning. You can pay extra to have one day service, otherwise you will get it back the second day. They have always done a great job for us.

If you get the dry cleaning items to your cabin steward on embarkation day then they will be done before dinner the next day. No extra charge is needed in this case for express service.

Otherwise items sent in the morning before 9am (but some leeway on time) are back the next day before 5 or same day for an extra 50% express service charge.

I find it to be cheaper to get things dry cleaned on the ship than to have it done at home.

I too find it cheaper to have items dry cleaned on the ship. And we had quite a variety of items from dresses and suits to gym wear and sweaters dry cleaned and washed and pressed and had no complaints with anything.

If you get the dry cleaning items to your cabin steward on embarkation day then they will be done before dinner the next day. No extra charge is needed in this case for express service.

Otherwise items sent in the morning before 9am (but some leeway on time) are back the next day before 5 or same day for an extra 50% express service charge.

I agree with what Larry said, get everything to your Steward ASAP since the 2nd night on most cruises is a formal night. In my experience sometimes they charge you the 50% extra fee and sometimes not.

Here is a link to the laundry prices.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+%26+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&faqSubjectId=70

Before: :eek:

2evaolg.jpg

After :D

22xj44.jpg

We love the ship's laundry! We can pack less, and turn around time is usually next day. My DH has some shirts that are just impossible for me to iron well, and the laundry service does a teriffic job. Some of this shirts he only wears on a cruise because that is the only time they are wrinkle free!

How do the things come back from Laundry? We have a 12 day cruise coming up and would love to use the laundry coupon but we were wondering how things like shirts come back. Are they all wrinkled and folded or do they look kind of pressed?

In our experience clothing sent in on bulk item coupons or specials have been returned neatly folded but not pressed. This is fine for casual polo and t-shirts but a little short of acceptable for shirts that button up and other clothing that looks best pressed. But if you send items in at the piece rate then appropriate items items, such as pants and button up shirts, will come back very neatly pressed and on hangers.

As Larry posted, bulk items such an underwear, shorts, etc. can easily be "laundered". Items that you want on a hanger, should by "dry cleaned". We have used the service quite often and always are pleased with the finished results.

Does anyone nkow if Celebrity does 'fill a bag' for one price laundry? If so is it usually around the end of the cruise?

If you are select or higher status and the cruise is 12 nights or longer, you receive a coupon for a free bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Select does not get free laundry, but you get a coupon for a discount bag...$20.00, plus 2 items pressed free. Our cotton items were not wearable due to the wrinkles so we sent some back for pressing. So if you are not at least select you will pay for the pressing

Select does not get free laundry, but you get a coupon for a discount bag...$20.00, plus 2 items pressed free. Our cotton items were not wearable due to the wrinkles so we sent some back for pressing. So if you are not at least select you will pay for the pressing

Thinking about it, you're right about Select, our freebie was because we were B2B (our cabin steward gaves us that little snippet).

Archived