C&A Status: Ex Significant Other?

Interesting scenario for you all, as it happens to the best of us:

My new SO and I are looking to book a cruise together. He has been on two Royal cruises before yet never enrolled in Crown and Anchor. I, being a Platinum (soon to be Emerald) member, decided to enroll him through my account.

When I went to enroll him online, my ex was still listed as a household member. Three questions:

1. Does that mean he has been getting my status even though he's only sailed twice with Royal?

2. Can I remove him from my account and if I do, does he go down in status?

3. Can I add my new SO to my account so that he can get my Platinum status?

I'm not sure about your ex being downgraded to his proper status. I have read mixed reports here on CC about that very topic.

Some have said that exes and kids did go down to their actual level upon leaving the household.

Others have said that they keep the higher status, but didn't move up to the next level until they get there on their own. For example, a child moves out of his parents house and keeps their Platinum status even though he only has 14 credits. He wouldn't move up to Emerald until he got to 55 credits on his own.

As far as your new partner goes, I believe they will gain your higher status so long as you both reside together. They give all members of the household the status of the highest person.

Interesting scenario for you all, as it happens to the best of us:

My new SO and I are looking to book a cruise together. He has been on two Royal cruises before yet never enrolled in Crown and Anchor. I, being a Platinum (soon to be Emerald) member, decided to enroll him through my account.

When I went to enroll him online, my ex was still listed as a household member. Three questions:

1. Does that mean he has been getting my status even though he's only sailed twice with Royal?

2. Can I remove him from my account and if I do, does he go down in status?

3. Can I add my new SO to my account so that he can get my Platinum status?

1) Yes. He's listed as a household member and so right now he's got the same level you do.

2) You can let C&A know that he's no longer a member of the household when you add your new SO to the account. No, he won't drop in status, but he will be unable to attain the next status until he earns it on his own.

3) Yes, let C&A know he's a member of your household like you did with your ex.

Hope this helps! :D

I think my original statement may have been confusing.

When he became my ex we were both Platinum (under old C&A). After we divorced, I became Diamond on my own by cruising... low and behold he's upgraded to Diamond.

I called C&A to remove him as a household member. They were unable to do so. Today - he's still receiving MY cruise credits, and he's not going on the cruises!

I'll be on the Oasis next week (YEYYYY) obviously without him, and he will get cruise credits for my cruise.

Amicable or not doesn't really make a difference. New York says we're exes but apparently RCCL doesn't. Now you see why it's annoying.

When he became my ex we were both Platinum (under old C&A). After we divorced, I became Diamond on my own by cruising... low and behold he's upgraded to Diamond.

I called C&A to remove him as a household member. They were unable to do so. Today - he's still receiving MY cruise credits, and he's not going on the cruises!

I'll be on the Oasis next week (YEYYYY) obviously without him, and he will get cruise credits for my cruise.

Amicable or not doesn't really make a difference. New York says we're exes but apparently RCCL doesn't. Now you see why it's annoying.

Oh heck no, there is no way I would ever tolerate this! I would be calling RCCL up and telling them to remove him. There is no reason why they should leave him on there.

Some people say "why should it matter"---unless you are in that situation, it shouldn't matter to you how the OP feels or why the OP wants the ex off their account. I am totally with the OP on this one!!

I would formally write RCI and provide them with a copy of the divorce decree. You are not required to provide him benefits and frankly, neither are they. Actually, they should clear his status back to Platinum +whatever he has earned since then.

Not sure what their problem is -, they won't even give my cabin mate a robe when we travel (I take along various friends to infect them with the cruising bug) yet they are giving benefits to someone not on the cruise and without legal entitlement.

Go Figure

Totally agree with you.

Maybe they have some privacy policy that won't let one person modify another's personal information. Might be worth a call back to find out if this is the case. If this is the case, he may have to be the one to call them and request the changes.

I was able to add my new significant other. At that time, I asked for my late husband to be removed. I didn't have to prove anything. Not advocating to have his C&A deleted by any means, but certainly they can remove him from your "household". You may even be able to do it in your profile under "household members" or something like that. He'll still have his own number, whether they keep him at Diamond or not seems inconsistent.

I would call the C&A line, divorce is certainly not a rare occurrence.

So what is one to do in this situation or possibly when one remarries? Have two spouses listed? Doesn't make any sense to me. They should remove to ex without question or hesitation!

I agree, it's not deleting their C&A number. It's removing the link as being in the same household.

Just spoke with the C&A desk. There was no problem removing my ex from my profile. Basically they allow two adults to be linked to each other. Each person has "household" cruise points, which is the number of the highest individual. Each person also has their own "individual" points should we be unlinked in the future (not happening), my SO would have to raise his individual points to upgrade to the next level. Very easy and the gentleman I spoke with was very kind and informative!

• 4 months later...

I just removed my kids from our household and added their SO's to theirs. I was told that since both kids cruised as diamonds they would remain diamonds, but if they had not cruised their status would revert to the highest status they had cruised under. So now they are all diamonds but have a lot further to go to reach diamond + instead of the few days they needed prior.

I just removed my kids from our household and added their SO's to theirs. I was told that since both kids cruised as diamonds they would remain diamonds, but if they had not cruised their status would revert to the highest status they had cruised under. So now they are all diamonds but have a lot further to go to reach diamond + instead of the few days they needed prior.

Interesting, I had not heard this explanation before. This could explain why some people report their children are downgraded when they turn 18, and others report no downgrade.

Archived