Atlantis Review Just Back!

alylee777

Hi,

Atlantis is a great place for kids but be prepared for crowds and high prices. I first have to say we really made a mistake by not recognizing that the time we had in port was just not enough to enjoy Atlantis. We were there from 1-7 and had to spend some time going to Comfort Suites to check in and out so we could get our wristbands to use at Atlantis.

This was all a smooth process as everyone at Comfort Suites and Atlantis were quite helpful.

Our second BIG mistake was not eating on the ship before we went. The lunch at Atlantis although tasty was really pricey and wasted too much time.

Basically we ended up at the pool with our son doing the slides and laying about. It was nearly impossible to find a beach chair and I cannot imagine what the lines for the slides would be like when the kids are out of school on summer break.

We did watch the fish feeding and see a bit of the property but overall we really were focused on our kid enjoying the slides.

Just a hint to you older ladies and gents like myself who enjoy the slides....there is a really important reason they say to cross your legs tight when you go down the slides!! Need I say more?

A:D

Saw the question, so will give comments. Comfort Inn is just across the road, walking distance. It costs about $200 or more per room which will give you up to four wrist bands. Wrist bands are a must for all water activites and the Dig. IMHO, it is worth it if you are in port for several hours. The slides are awesome, for any age. There are several types of pools, sandy beach, zero entry, kids, etc. Several eatries, but they are pricey as stated. Have fun.

• 4 weeks later...
I first have to say we really made a mistake by not recognizing that the time we had in port was just not enough to enjoy Atlantis. We were there from 1-7 and had to spend some time going to Comfort Suites to check in and out so we could get our wristbands to use at Atlantis.

Hi Alylee,

Do you remember about what time it was when you got to start enjoying the attractions at the Atlantis? Just wondering how much actual time it takes to get off the ship, get over to the Comfort Suites, get over to the Atlantis, get wristbands and be ready to go? We also will be there from 1 - 7. We don't necessarily care too much about the slides but like the idea of the lazy river, getting to use the pool and beach for awhile, and seeing the Digs.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Alylee,

Do you remember about what time it was when you got to start enjoying the attractions at the Atlantis? Just wondering how much actual time it takes to get off the ship, get over to the Comfort Suites, get over to the Atlantis, get wristbands and be ready to go? We also will be there from 1 - 7. We don't necessarily care too much about the slides but like the idea of the lazy river, getting to use the pool and beach for awhile, and seeing the Digs.

bump

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recall taxi is best but you can get into traffic jams. Water taxi is cheaper and slightly slower than by car taxi. I recall it being about one hour to get there and an hour to get back either way. The car taxi takes you to the door while the water taxi is a good 10 min. walk.

Taxi should take no more that 10/15minutes for this 1 1/2 mile ride.

The boat ride is 7-10 minutes depending on wind and wake (beyond boarding time).

If you have time, the boat ride is more fun... I'd take the ferry over and the taxi back.

What are "Digs"?

I made my Comfort Suites reservations but am wondering if it's really worth it. The rate is $184.50 a night. But add to that the cleaning fees, energy fees and 12% tax. I guess even with all that added on it ends up costing about the same as through RCI which doesn't include the pool areas.

Of course we'll have to get our own taxi and food. I think I'll pack my lunch from the Windjammer. The girls and I will get what we want on Saturday night and just put it in the fridge until the next morning. How expensive could a taxi be? do they really charge by the person? It seems like 3 in a taxi would cost the same as only 1.

What are "Digs"?

"The Dig" is an elaborate maze of corridors and rooms in the underwater ruins of Atlantis, representing what life may have been like on the lost continent of Atlantis more than 11,000 years ago.

The cost is $29 per person just to view The Digs, but if you have a room reservation at the Atlantis or it's sister resort Comfort Suites, the cost is free.

If you go to the Atlantis Hotel site, you'll find more information about The Dig.

Thanks for that info on "the dig". I did think to check the Atlantis site this morning and the whole thing sounds better and better all the time. Renting the "room" at the comfort suites seems like the smartest thing to do. I'm looking forward to the whole day at Atlantis. A day probably won't be long enough. :)

Archived