Any special Norwegian sales I should be waiting for?

luckyprincess

Hi all! We want to book on Epic or Breakaway or another ship that does the Nick stuff for kids. I know on Royal Caribbean (what I usually sail) there are a few sales through the year that are worth waiting for that come out on a regular basis. Is there any sale upcoming for NCL that I should be looking out for? I just missed the kids sail free one :(

Hi all! We want to book on Epic or Breakaway or another ship that does the Nick stuff for kids. I know on Royal Caribbean (what I usually sail) there are a few sales through the year that are worth waiting for that come out on a regular basis. Is there any sale upcoming for NCL that I should be looking out for? I just missed the kids sail free one :(

Just book now. If a sale comes up and you haven't hit your final payment date, you can call and get your cruise re-booked at the new sale price.

It's better to book at todays prices than hope that a deal comes along later. If it doesn't, then you are locked in at the prices now. They seem to run specials here and there, but they are not guaranteed to do so and it's a hit or miss as to whether or not they are better than you might get now. If you book now, as another poster said, if it's before you final payment, you can still take advantage of the special. :)

I agree with the posters above. But I will do a warning of a couple of things you should keep in mind.

If you book now you have until final payment date to grab a lower price (which NCL technically will cancel and rebook your reservation).

If you do that you may lose things that you have gotten on the first price booked such as OBC, 3rd or 4th person reductions or kids sail free promotions.

Also certain sales come up that are for "new bookings only", you are not eligible for those. But some have reported that NCL will sometimes honor it anyway, throw some OBC your way, or may even offer an upgrade. But that is not a guarantee they will do anything but tell you that you are not eligible for that sale or promotion. So it's worth the phone call to try and get.

Do you think they will run the AMEX $500 off a suite again some time this year? Do they do that regularly?

The Amex promo was going quite long, about 6 months at least (in multiple parts with a bit different T&C), hard to say if that will return soon but while it was on, it went on from promo to another without any major gaps.

The NCL's site says that "Please check back soon for Exclusive offers for American Express® Cardmembers." so my guess is just as good as Yours. :)

http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/amx-promo

Not a sale, but there is onboard credit promotion for the Epic (and Pride of America) running 8/14 - 8/17. $100 for non-suites, $200 for suites.

Just correcting the dates I was given, this promo runs 8/15 - 81/19...those are the correct dates.

Just book now. If a sale comes up and you haven't hit your final payment date, you can call and get your cruise re-booked at the new sale price.

If we get the only Deluxe Owner's Suite on the Pride of America.

1. I take it we will never see a price drop.

2. If we see more " perks " later, and do want to rebook, do we run a chance that someone might be on the waiting list and get the cabin?

:rolleyes:

If we get the only Deluxe Owner's Suite on the Pride of America.

1. I take it we will never see a price drop.

2. If we see more " perks " later, and do want to rebook, do we run a chance that someone might be on the waiting list and get the cabin?

#1 probably not

#2 Not sure if I really understand your question here. But I will try answer what I think you are asking.

When you put your deposit (hold) on that cabin, that cabin is held for you.

I've never heard of NCL having a waiting list, although an active TA or PCC may be on the lookout for one coming available, if you cancelled.

If you see a deal (not for new bookings only) between your deposit and final payment date that you can take advantage of. Just contact NCL or your TA (if that is who you booked through) and request the deal. If you are eligible they will cancel and rebook at the newer rate. There would be no turn around time, so there would be no way for someone to scoop you if thats what you are concerned about. Now if you just decided to cancel yourself and then phoned back and tried to rebook (for example if you were trying to get passed the new booking only deal) then yes your cabin may be scooped up either by a TA, PCC or even someone that seen it was available again.

Does anyone know if there would be a Labor Day Sale coming up? I know in the past other cruise lines have held special promos in honor of Labor Day, but I'm not familiar specifically with whether NCL has done this in the past? Anyone know?

#1 probably not

#2 Not sure if I really understand your question here. But I will try answer what I think you are asking......

Thanks for your help.

We have learned long ago, to get the cabin we want,

or else it will be gone.

I know RCCL has a waiting list for the upper cabins once they are gone.

I just love this board.

:rolleyes:

I just got a 1/2 deposit promotion.

That's not a savings though ;).

I just book when the price is right and the rest is up to my PVP. You can never wait for a sale and when one comes along sometimes it's not really a sale based on what one can book earlier with.

Don't drive yourself nuts.

Check out NCL dot com and you will see the current special going on. It's for OBC and reduced deposit.

Archived