See The Concordia Sailing By?

ABoatNerd

I doubt you will be able to see the Concrodia. Giglio Island, that wreck's location, is about 50 miles north west of Civitavecchia, the port for Rome. Solstice's route shows it going between Sardinia and Corsica which will have it approaching that port from the south west. It then goes south so never gets north of Rome on that side of Italy.

I don't think the captain of the Solstice is likely to take the time and expense to sail the extra distance required just to see an example of the studity of another sea captain.

We saw nothing and were told nothing back in June-I would think if you could see something an announcement would be made. Perhaps not? Remember the problem that caused the disaster was the ship was WAAY too close to the island. Also the ship is partially submerged now-so even though you can see things off in the distance-that would make it harder to see that it was a ship. Perhaps it would just look like a blob in the distance and not a ship-not even that at night- as I doubt it is lighted.

In a way I am glad we saw nothing or was told nothing. That would have put a damper on my cruise thinking of those poor people that died. Others that would scare being told about it if they are easily scared. LOL! someone like my MIL! She was terrified for us to go!

Archived