Smart Cruise express train to Rome

HarpHarp

There have been previous thread about this. Go back to the Ports/Italy page and do a search. The general comments are that you get a guaranteed place, but you lose precious time as the train is later leaving Civitavecchia, and you pay a premium.

There have been previous thread about this. Go back to the Ports/Italy page and do a search. The general comments are that you get a guaranteed place, but you lose precious time as the train is later leaving Civitavecchia, and you pay a premium.

I've read that post. There have been disruptions this summer by disgruntled commuters, not to mention the strike prone Italian transportation system. Don't want to think about my last journey home from Italy Thanksgiving weekend-that was NOT supposed to be so due to a transport strike & freak snowstorm.

The time is not an overriding factor for us and am interested in cruisers experiences with this service. With the addition of the HOHO bus, it is still cheaper than the cruise ship transfers

Maybe murray will come back & post.

Maybe murray will come back & post.

I will try to remember to do so. I, too, read the posts, and was interested in hearing from folks who've actually used this service.

Yes, it does cut into time, but we were in Rome last year, and aren't going to be quite so frantic, so the idea of getting a little later start, not wasting time sitting on a train, and then having an easy, fast way to get back to the port was appealing. But I was hoping to see if all was "as advertised" from folks who've used it.

we just took the fast track train and it was very easy and just as described: http://www.smartcruisetours.com/index.php/airport-transfers?page=shop.browse&category_id=22.

I had researched the service right on this board and had found several threads with positive comments from people that had used it (try a search here). On the day we traveled the local trains were overcrowded (we heard some horror stories on our return). We had and easy and confortable ride, which was quite welcome as we were very tired. We particularly liked the fact that we did not have to “think” and worry about where to stop and what to do. Got a combo e received lots of info. This service it’s only offered when there are lots of ships in town and the regular train system cannot handle the extra traffic. So, if it’s available on your day of travel, I would definitely recommend it.

we just took the fast track train and it was very easy and just as described: http://www.smartcruisetours.com/index.php/airport-transfers?page=shop.browse&category_id=22.

I had researched the service right on this board and had found several threads with positive comments from people that had used it (try a search here). On the day we traveled the local trains were overcrowded (we heard some horror stories on our return). We had and easy and confortable ride, which was quite welcome as we were very tired. We particularly liked the fact that we did not have to “think” and worry about where to stop and what to do. Got a combo e received lots of info. This service it’s only offered when there are lots of ships in town and the regular train system cannot handle the extra traffic. So, if it’s available on your day of travel, I would definitely recommend it.

Dont understand this part?? I didnt get that impressions when I read the informtion on the smartcruise website?? Can anyone verify that?

Has anyone used the Smart Cruise expess train to rome mentioned in the Rome DIY thread?

Looking for a review of this service.

http://www.smartcruisetours.com/index.php/faqs

We wanted to use this while doing a back to back. Unfortunately the departure time from Rome precluded us as it would have been too late for the ship departure. They were very helpful and refunded our money as they had given us the incorrect info. It also leaves quite late from Civitavecchia so definately shortens your time in Rome.

[/color]

Dont understand this part?? I didnt get that impressions when I read the informtion on the smartcruise website?? Can anyone verify that?

Never mind just read the site and apparently the Fast Train does appear to have a reduced operation from when I last looked at it. Why I wonder??

Never mind just read the site and apparently the Fast Train does appear to have a reduced operation from when I last looked at it. Why I wonder??

Trains are really expensive to operate, so my guess is that they only have a large enough audience when there are a number of ships in port at the same time. Their service is only going to appeal to a small percentage of passengers so they are limiting it to the dates when they have the greatest chance of making a profit.

Archived