Any advice for Commitment Ceremonies on NCL Star?

tonytone68

Hi. My partner and I are sailing on the NCL Star out of New Orleans to the Western Caribbean on December 9, 2012. We'll be celebrating our 12 year anniversary and we're thinking about doing a private commitment ceremony between the two of us. We don't want anything fancy, just an officiant to help us exchange rings and then maybe a few pictures and a nice dinner.

Does anyone have any experience with having a commitment ceremony with NCL? We have looked at private planners and really, they say the do all the planning and then send us on our merry little way on the cruise. I'm a little skeptical about going with that plan. I'd rather work with NCL directly.

I would be interested in hearing back from anyone who has participated in a commitment ceremony with NCL.

Thanks!

Hi. My partner and I are sailing on the NCL Star out of New Orleans to the Western Caribbean on December 9, 2012. We'll be celebrating our 12 year anniversary and we're thinking about doing a private commitment ceremony between the two of us. We don't want anything fancy, just an officiant to help us exchange rings and then maybe a few pictures and a nice dinner.

Does anyone have any experience with having a commitment ceremony with NCL? We have looked at private planners and really, they say the do all the planning and then send us on our merry little way on the cruise. I'm a little skeptical about going with that plan. I'd rather work with NCL directly.

I would be interested in hearing back from anyone who has participated in a commitment ceremony with NCL.

Thanks!

I'd work directly with the line. Most often they will accomdate you to what your state allows. If you're from some of th gay marriage states,some lines will do the whole ceremony.Just to let you know, it can get pretty costly. A good revenue enhancer for the line. A full wedding ceremony can cost in the thousands, if you want all the bells & whistles.

Archived