Lunch Recommendations in Barcelona

MLA21

Hello! We have some time at the Barcelona port before we embark on the cruise... we are thinking of checking our bags in at the port and then getting a taxi to go somewhere for lunch.

Does anyone have any recommendations for places that are easy to get to by taxi from the port that are great for lunch? The last time I was in Spain I had the best paella in Madrid.. .haven't had anything like it! And obviously I would love some amazing sanrgia!

What is the latest time you have to be on the ship?

With most Barcelona sailings you would not have time to have a relaxed lunch before you board. Bear in mind that lunch in Spain is much later than you are used to. The only places you would get an early lunch are tourist type places.

My recommendation - get on the ship and have lunch there.

Thanks Carol! We would LOVE to just hop right on the ship, but our flights land at 9am and we have the prepaid transport that is taking us directly to the port, and we can't board the ship until 2pm... so we'll have about 3 hours or so just sitting in the port.

Do you think the ship will let us board before 2pm?

Thanks Carol! We would LOVE to just hop right on the ship, but our flights land at 9am and we have the prepaid transport that is taking us directly to the port, and we can't board the ship until 2pm... so we'll have about 3 hours or so just sitting in the port.

Do you think the ship will let us board before 2pm?

Which cruise line? Which ship? Most say 1pm or 2pm but in reallity it is more like 11.30 to 12.00. What time do you sail?

You will not get lunch in Barcelona and be on ship by 2pm.

If you really need to have something to eat, assuming it is a weekday, I would suggest you go to La Boqueria market on Las Ramblas. Have a look around and then have a snack at one of the eating places there.

Regardless of the time, you could go up Las Ramblas to the Boqueria market and have lunch at one of the small restaurants (counter service) there. The food is good and the atmosphere is fun and unique. They should all be open until mid to late afternoon.

I've eaten at El Quim and Bar Kiosko - both were good, el Quim had better food, but Kiosko had more interesting atmosphere.

http://www.boqueria.info/index.php

Which cruise line? Which ship? Most say 1pm or 2pm but in reallity it is more like 11.30 to 12.00. What time do you sail?

You will not get lunch in Barcelona and be on ship by 2pm.

If you really need to have something to eat, assuming it is a weekday, I would suggest you go to La Boqueria market on Las Ramblas. Have a look around and then have a snack at one of the eating places there.

I'll second Carol's recommendation:) La Boqueria is wonderful (actually listed in Food and Wine btw). There is a great restaurant (bar with stools) near the back towards the left hand side. You can get breakfast, brunch, lunch, tapas there easily:):) Plus - all kinds of great fruit and muchies at the market itself!

Thanks all!

It's Royal Caribbean - Liberty of the Seas. We sail at 5 or 6 pm, but I wouldn't mind getting on the ship early and having some time to get accustomed to it. Such a shame to be in Barcelona and not get to experience any of it though... which is why I'm leaning towards a brief lunch or snack between 1130-2pm and then boarding the ship.

Archived