VIFP Red level gift for underage minors?

macandlucy

Actually it says "Classic Cocktail' on the coupon. On the table is a Tri-fold display and lists "Classic Cocktails". I tried and tried to get my BM. They just kept showing me the tri-fold and said these are your choices. Who wants a Long Island Iced tea or Mai Tai for breakfast? Next time I will just have to ask for the maitre "d.

Just off the Pride. I wanted a Bloody Mary with my coupon. I couldnt get it. There was a list of "Classic Cocktails" on the table. It included Mai Tai, Long Island Iced Tea, and a few others. I couldnt understand why I couldnt get a Bloody Mary or a Mimosa for breakfast with my coupon. It bugged me the whole week. I even put it on my survey. It just doesnt make sense. My sister wanted an Iced coffee and was told she couldnt get that either.:rolleyes:

The coupon does say:

classic cocktail

beer

wine

specialty coffee

soda

So I can kinda see why they wouldn't let you get a mimosa. Whether I think they should limit the coupon to those items is another question. But based on the coupon verbiage, I think I can understand why they said no.

However, wouldn't iced coffee be a specialty coffee?? That one I don't understand.

Maggie

And you think a deck of cards & a pen or some candy is an equitable trade? What is the big deal? He gets a free drink of his choice, obviously non-alcoholic. So, if he does not get something for up to the $9 do you want the difference in cash? Not really sure what the problem is here?

Could you please point out where I said I thought it was a big deal? If you read my original post, you'll see I said It was NOT a big deal. It's just a discussion.

And yes, I think, for a child, (certainly for my child) something like cards or a pen would be more appreciated. Just my opinion. Last time I checked I was entitled to one. You disagree, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion too.

There was also a bigger issue here that seems to really escape so many people and that's the wisdom of a company providing a drink ticket to a minor. It does seem like an oversight to me, but perhaps it is not.

(And, no, I do not want the difference is cash, puleeze. )

Thank you to the people who have contributed to this discussion, and those who have shared their experiences and opinions in a respectful way. And the person who posted a pic actual ticket itself -- awesome! Thank you.

What about alcoholics, or people who don't drink for personal per religious reasons. Man, Carnival is ripping off a lot of people with their fee gift.

It's a GIFT! Ever hear of the expression, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth?" I'm pretty sure it refers to enjoy what you are receiving.....

When we used ours -- the waiter kept pushing us to use it for something more expensive then a soda -- but hey it was lunch so that was all we needed. My kids did not even know this was a "gift" for them -- it was just another time when they got a treat at lunch.

Missy

I appreciate everyone's responses and I understand that the virgin/non-alcoholic option is available, or even just a pop etc., but a non-alcoholic drink costs less and is therefore a lower value gift to any paying passenger minor or not. Furthermore, it seems weird to me for a big American Corporation like CCL to give a drink coupon to a minor, who might then attempt to use it in the dining room. Just doesn't seem as responsible as I expect CCL to be (because I do think they are responsible and take things like underage drinking seriously).

It's a very small amount of money we are talking about, and of course it's not a big deal. It just strikes me as a bit of an oversight. Perhaps I am wrong.

i feel the same way especially about many excursions that have open bars but yet charge the same amount for kids. really, my 8 year old can drink as much as me? i understand some excursions, based on occupancy, lose out on space blah blah blah. but i'm frugal with my money lol.

it is being cheap. a coke does not compare in price/value to a beer or frozen drink/cocktail.

I thought the exact same thing. If you are under 21, you get a cheaper gift. Not a good way to start a lifelong business relationship by undermining you because of your age.

Archived