Celebrity Reflection - March 23, 2013

neilrr

My partner and I are going on Celebrity Reflection for Spring Break. We were wondering if other couples or singles are going. We have met a few couples in the "regular" thread for the date and were wondering if others are joining us...

Looking forward to a great time. Hope to hear from you soon.:)

My hubby and I will be there with our two lesbian bff's! (but you already knew that from the other board) :)

Ken85121 - Ken - I was wondering if you would look over here in the G&L section.:D I did not see a thread started -- so I decided to open one up.

We have met other couples/singles through this section of CC and had a great time onboard. We have been on the Solstice previously, but we are still a bit partial to the Celebrity Millennium Class ships - those are our favorites. We have been traveling with Celebrity for a long time and always had good experiences. We started cruising in 2000 and we usually try to go twice per year; one year we squeezed in a third.

Take care and have a great weekend.:)

We just discovered the world of cruising in 2009 and can't believe we waited so long! We really love it and go as much as possible. :)

Ken85121 - Ken - Once you get hooked on cruising that's it... Do you guys ever get down to S. FL? We have been down here 18 years and love living here. It is not perfect, but glad to be out of the snow and ice - we could not go back to that again. My family still lives up in NY in Westchester. I am a Bronx boy originally...:)

Hope all is well.. Have a great weekend.

Ken85121 - Ken - Once you get hooked on cruising that's it... Do you guys ever get down to S. FL? We have been down here 18 years and love living here. It is not perfect, but glad to be out of the snow and ice - we could not go back to that again. My family still lives up in NY in Westchester. I am a Bronx boy originally...:)

Hope all is well.. Have a great weekend.

We do get down to FL quite a bit. I keep telling my other half that he has 7 years left in upstate NY before we move down south. I can't stand the cold winters any more. We have been going to Disney 1-2 times a year since we met 18 years ago. Now we add in at least 2 cruises a year since 2010 so we do get there quite a bit. We have met a lot of great friends from down that way so that makes it nice as well.

We do get down to FL quite a bit. I keep telling my other half that he has 7 years left in upstate NY before we move down south. I can't stand the cold winters any more. We have been going to Disney 1-2 times a year since we met 18 years ago. Now we add in at least 2 cruises a year since 2010 so we do get there quite a bit. We have met a lot of great friends from down that way so that makes it nice as well.

Ken85121 - Ken - Sorry I did not write back sooner -- busy at school... You sound like you are on the same path we took to S. FL. Glad you get down here now and then.

We were so tired and worn out from the cold and commuting - we made the change and came south. We do not regret it - we can't believe we are here 18 years... Winter goes by quickly here.. You will get through it...

Everyone seems excited about the cruise... We are too - except we have a hurricane possibly on the way...

Anyway back to the kiddies... Have a great Wednesday...:)

• 1 month later...
I will be joining you all on this cruise. Joining me will be my son (14 at the time of sailing) and another really good friend. My partner can not make it on this one. Which way to the Martini Bar?

We love the Martini Bar!! We are super excited to be sailing on the Reflection in just a few more weeks so I'll let everyone know how it is :). What a great spring break vacation for your son. I would have loved to cruise as a kid. This sailing is really looking like it is going to be a lot of fun for everyone!

We love the Martini Bar!! We are super excited to be sailing on the Reflection in just a few more weeks so I'll let everyone know how it is . What a great spring break vacation for your son. I would have loved to cruise as a kid. This sailing is really looking like it is going to be a lot of fun for everyone!

That is awesome that you are going on the Reflection so soon. I look foward to hearing your thoughts. I was on the Solstice last year and thought it was a really wonderful ship. I refer to the "S" class ships as a floating W Hotels. I can only imagine the Relection will be better, if that is possible. Yes, our son has really taken to cruising. I think this will be cruise 7 for him. I tried to sign him up for the Captains club but he has to be 18. He would be Elite before his 18th birthday. Yes, the Martini Bar is my all time favorite place and where I can be found before/after dinner. The Molecular Bar is also good. Have fun on the Reflection.

That is awesome that you are going on the Reflection so soon. I look foward to hearing your thoughts. I was on the Solstice last year and thought it was a really wonderful ship. I refer to the "S" class ships as a floating W Hotels. I can only imagine the Relection will be better, if that is possible. Yes, our son has really taken to cruising. I think this will be cruise 7 for him. I tried to sign him up for the Captains club but he has to be 18. He would be Elite before his 18th birthday. Yes, the Martini Bar is my all time favorite place and where I can be found before/after dinner. The Molecular Bar is also good. Have fun on the Reflection.

Welcome Wayneair... So glad that you and your son and your friend can join us. We are looking forward to the trip too. I teach 9th grade, so I am use to having 14 and 15 y.o. students. Jerry substitute teaches grade school.

Come and join the regular CC thread, as there are numerous families with children in our group. We will be having a informal Sailaway Party and it will be fun and you can also sign up for the formal Celebrity Cruise Critic get-together too.

I am sure you will all have a great time. We really like Celebrity and have been traveling on them for a long time. We also love the Martini Bar, but we are Elite members, so we like to take advantage of the "free" :) liquor and appetizers during 4-6 PM. Somehow, we usually make it to the Martini Bar...:D

Anyway, we look forward to meeting everyone... Take care and have a great weekend...

Thanks Neilrr. Great your are a teacher so can you bring my son some school work to keep him occupied? LOL just kidding. Hey agree wtih your earlier comment on the M class ships. While I love the S class, my heart will always be on the Constellation. We have sailed her 5 times and she is always in great shape. I have not made my way over to the other roll call board, but will do so. So happy to see there is already an informal sail-away party. Count me in.

OK all before I post on the other board, here is a funny story. When I sailed the Solstice last year, I used the avatar picture throughout the full message board and posting period. I never gave an indication of me being male and let people assume they were chatting with a woman. At the formal cruise critic gathering the first full day, we were given name tags and were asked to place our cruise critic screen name. Many people laughed when they saw who I really was, However, one lady came in and just fell to the floor laughing and she said, "You were the one person I wanted to meet face to face because I loved all of your and I justed wanted to meet this perky little white woman who could handle her martinis. I never realized it was Julie from the Love Boat". She said she had a vision of Karen Walker from Will and Grace.

OK all before I post on the other board, here is a funny story. When I sailed the Solstice last year, I used the avatar picture throughout the full message board and posting period. I never gave an indication of me being male and let people assume they were chatting with a woman. At the formal cruise critic gathering the first full day, we were given name tags and were asked to place our cruise critic screen name. Many people laughed when they saw who I really was, However, one lady came in and just fell to the floor laughing and she said, "You were the one person I wanted to meet face to face because I loved all of your and I justed wanted to meet this perky little white woman who could handle her martinis. I never realized it was Julie from the Love Boat". She said she had a vision of Karen Walker from Will and Grace.

Wayneair - That is funny... Are you by any chance Cruzbynite too? I saw the other posting with the same picture -- one is from Baltimore, MD and the other is Virginia. :confused: That individual had a son too... I am assuming it is you...:p Look forward to meeting you in person...

Wayneair - That is funny... Are you by any chance Cruzbynite too? I saw the other posting with the same picture -- one is from Baltimore, MD and the other is Virginia. :confused: That individual had a son too... I am assuming it is you...:p Look forward to meeting you in person...

It's me. I will only use this name from here on.

It's me. I will only use this name from here on.

cruzbynite - See the mystery was solved...:) I hear Fall weather will be coming to you over next weekend!! We are still in the end of summer season here in S. FL...

See you soon.. Hope you have a great week...

• 3 weeks later...

The photos of the ship look great and look forward to this sailing. Very interesting how the pool deck was raised by one level to make room for more staterooms. I did not realize that was the case. I am planning many cocktails at the Sunset Bar.

The photos of the ship look great and look forward to this sailing. Very interesting how the pool deck was raised by one level to make room for more staterooms. I did not realize that was the case. I am planning many cocktails at the Sunset Bar.

cruzbynite - We do not use Facebook/Twitter due to security concerns. We did see other pictures and they did looked great. We hope they fixed some of the issues on Solstice I mentioned on our other thread... We like the Sunset Bar too, but the Martini Bar is our favorite... If you are "Elite," we are sure you will be at Michael's in the afternoon... We had the best time on our last Celebrity cruise. One of our friends laughed so hard she fell back into the fireplace... We had to dig her out... See you soon...:)

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking to see if any additional LGBT members were on our sailing... We started so early with this thread, I felt we were getting lost in the shuffle and might have been missed...

Hope you will join us on Reflection on 3/23/13... :)

• 1 month later...

We were on the 12/5 and 12/8 sailings of the Reflection and that is the info from those as well. The board was however, not very easy to find. It was next to the ATM machine by the Crew Only door on the 3rd deck by guest relations. I know you would expect it down there, but when you get on board you will see what I mean assuming they haven't moved it. It wasn't until the 2nd cruise that we finally noticed it.

We were on the 12/5 and 12/8 sailings of the Reflection and that is the info from those as well. The board was however, not very easy to find. It was next to the ATM machine by the Crew Only door on the 3rd deck by guest relations. I know you would expect it down there, but when you get on board you will see what I mean assuming they haven't moved it. It wasn't until the 2nd cruise that we finally noticed it.

Were the gatherings well attended and what was your impression of the ship/ cruise?

Whoops wrong board lol
RhondaPerr - Rhonda - Nice of you to stop by and visit...:)

Ken85121- Hope you had a nice time. We ran into the board situation before. They use to put the meeting in the daily paper. Let us know any other info that would be helpful. Thanks...:)

Archived