For anyone who has sailed on the Breeze....about safety briefing

JWGrayson

Couldn't find this by searching, so I hope you don't mind if it is redundant.

We are sailing on the Breeze Oct 25, 2012. We are suppose to depart from the dock at 5:00 PM. Our Roll Call is trying to schedule a Meet & Greet and want to do it on the day we sail. So, what time is the Safety Briefing?

We haven't been on the Breeze but every one that we have been on, the muster is always right before we sail.

Personally, I shy away from Meet & Greets when they are right at sail away. I enjoy the sail away too much.

I agree, which is why I'm asking. Most want to do it at 4:00 PM and we sail at 5:00 PM. Our first sea day isn't until the 6th day, so they are pushing to have it earlier.

Thi was the first time ever our safety drill was done inside - it was wonderful - RCCL does this as does Princess, hope it is the future of Carnival as well. The drill was also done before we left the dock. We were seated in one of the dining rooms, and I know they used the Theatre as another venue and I would assume the other dining room as well.

The drill was just before sail away. Also bear in mind that registration for teen clubs is at about 5.15pm, so anyone who is sailing with teens will have to accompany their kids to that so that they can sign the forms.

Have a great cruise.

Thi was the first time ever our safety drill was done inside - it was wonderful - RCCL does this as does Princess, hope it is the future of Carnival as well. The drill was also done before we left the dock. We were seated in one of the dining rooms, and I know they used the Theatre as another venue and I would assume the other dining room as well.

We had it inside the 2 times we were on the Dream and the time we were on the Magic. I think they are doing the safety drill inside on the Dream class ships. It hasn't been that way on the other class ships. We had it outside on the Miracle and the Triumph which were between our 2 Dream cruises.

Sharon

We had it inside the 2 times we were on the Dream and the time we were on the Magic. I think they are doing the safety drill inside on the Dream class ships. It hasn't been that way on the other class ships. We had it outside on the Miracle and the Triumph which were between our 2 Dream cruises.

Sharon

On every ship we have sailed on this year, the SB has been inside. That includes the Dream and 3 Fantasy class ships. On one of the ship we mustered inside, then were lead to the lifeboats. While the others dismissed us from the inside muster station.

• 2 weeks later...

Shortly after the Costa Concordia incident, all major cruise lines agreed to hold the safety drill before sailing starting almost immediately. I have not heard where this agreement has changed. Based on this, I would expect the safety drill would start between 1 hour and 30 minutes before sailaway.

We sailed on the Breeze out of Barcelona on August 14, 2012. The briefing was scheduled for 4:30pm and this was made widely and clearly known to passengers all day via tannoy announcements and Fun Times however it was at least 5:15pm before it started (only lasts a few minutes) because some people just don't care enough to arrive on time for the briefing.

Sailaway was scheduled for 5:00pm but actually took place around 6:00pm.

Archived