Steakhouse CHEESECAKE... what's the deal?

Tom-n-Cheryl

I only put cheesecake in my body that is creamy and delicious, which the steakhouse cheesecake isn't.

The carmelized apple dessert, however, is yummy! Have you tried it, Tom?

I think I'm going to try that when we go on the Pride in 9 days!!!!!!!!

I'm perplexed as to why you would continure to order it if you didn't like it

Giving the benefit of the doubt, and hoping it had improved over time. Having enjoyed the Steakhouse some 40-50 times, it is certainly not something I order often - and won't again until I've been assured it has gone to the "dense side"!

Tom

We have only eaten at a CCL steakhouse once & it was last Sept on the Miracle.

The cheesecake was excellent & if I had the nerve I would have asked to take it with me, it was that good & I was sooooo full!!

It sounds like we got lucky:D

We've gotten our cheesecake to go a couple times :o

We've gotten our cheesecake to go a couple times :o

I'd say that at least twice when we have ordered it, we could not eat another bite at that point and asked that it be delivered to our cabin between 10 and 11. That way we would have at least the ability to take a few bites (and no, that did not make it any better)! :D

Tom

Giving the benefit of the doubt, and hoping it had improved over time. Having enjoyed the Steakhouse some 40-50 times, it is certainly not something I order often - and won't again until I've been assured it has gone to the "dense side"!

Tom

Wonder if you are the Cranival steakhouse record holder.icon6.gif

There was a really good bakery in Coral Gables, behind the Miracle theater, that sold the kind that is softer. I liked it better than the dense kind. Whipped really light. I was told it had cottage cheese in it!

Yuck might be healthier but sure cant be as good

New York Cheesecake

4 large eggs

1 1/2 cup sugar

3 T flour

3 T cornstarch

1 stick butter- softened

1 pint sour cream

4 - 8 ounce bars of Philly cream cheese-softened

2 t vanilla

Mix all together in a large bowl till smooth. Pour into a 9 inch springform pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Youll know when its done, the edges will crack and the middle wont look "wet". Turn off heat, open oven door and let set additional hour. Refridgerate.

I got this recipe about 25 years ago and I best not show up to a family function without it! Sooo easy!

I, for one, cannot stand the gorgeous cheesecake sold in the coffee bars onboard Carnival. It it absolutely beautiful but after one bite, DH and I both had to leave it. It was dense, which was good, but the taste was awful to us. It's funny what some people like, others can't stand. There was no sweetness to it at all. I have never had the cheesecake in the steakhouses, as I'm a sucker for the chocolate sampler, but I do plan to try it in October on the Pride. I'm hoping it will be better than the coffee bar.

Tom, this is such a find that it belongs on the Carnival tips thread.

I have to stay away from cc for awhile. I have too many land vacation before my next cruise and cc is making me long for that April cruise and cheesecake from the "along the way" cafe!

Wonderful I just finished dinner and I see cheesecake here hehehehe

I live in Florida now so if I want a very good cheesecake I order online Juniors Cheesecake from NY or I go to the Cheesecake factory too at times, who said cheesecake may I have a slice lol

[quote name='nodogkisses']I, for one, cannot stand the gorgeous cheesecake sold in the coffee bars onboard Carnival. It it absolutely beautiful but after one bite, DH and I both had to leave it. It was dense, which was good, but the taste was awful to us. It's funny what some people like, others can't stand. There was no sweetness to it at all. I have never had the cheesecake in the steakhouses, as I'm a sucker for the chocolate sampler, but I do plan to try it in October on the Pride. I'm hoping it will be better than the coffee bar.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it was made with less than fresh ingredients.. ?

The only thing about the one we picked up at Joe's that was less than perfect (well, at least less than VERY good) would be a thin gelatin coating that was around part of the edge.

Tom

[quote name='MrPete']As a N'Yawker, I find the Cheesecake Factory product unsatisfying. Don't care how high they pile the whipped cream on.[/quote]

Being originally from NJ, of Italian decent, I have eaten my share of good & bad cheesecakes over the years. Love the dense, heavy cheesecakes.

That being said, I just love Costco's cheesecakes, esp. the key lime one they sell during the summer months!:p

[quote name='Tom-n-Cheryl']Perhaps it was made with less than fresh ingredients.. ?

The only thing about the one we picked up at Joe's that was less than perfect (well, at least less than VERY good) would be a thin gelatin coating that was around part of the edge.

Tom[/QUOTE]

Good point, Tom--I think I'll try it again at the coffee bar on the Pride, too. It's so inexpensive, and hopefully it will be good. It just looks so amazing in the case.

[quote name='crusinpsychRN']There was a really good bakery in Coral Gables, behind the Miracle theater, that sold the kind that is softer. I liked it better than the dense kind. Whipped really light. I was told it had cottage cheese in it![/quote]

In my gourmet foods class in high school we made cheesecake using ricotta cheese, which is a bit like cottage cheese except with a smaller curd and drier. I have measured all cheesecakes against that ever since; none have yet compared. I wish I had that recipe. Here's a similar one:
[URL]http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2011/05/ricotta-cheesecake[/URL]

[quote name='cvpends']In my gourmet foods class in high school we made cheesecake using ricotta cheese, which is a bit like cottage cheese except with a smaller curd and drier. I have measured all cheesecakes against that ever since; none have yet compared. I wish I had that recipe. Here's a similar one:
[URL]http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2011/05/ricotta-cheesecake[/URL][/QUOTE]

We call that Italian Cheese cake.

Yuck.

[quote name='cvpends']In my gourmet foods class in high school we made cheesecake using ricotta cheese, which is a bit like cottage cheese except with a smaller curd and drier. I have measured all cheesecakes against that ever since; none have yet compared. I wish I had that recipe. Here's a similar one:
[URL]http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2011/05/ricotta-cheesecake[/URL][/quote]

Italian cheesecake is good but not as good as the creamcheese kind

Archived