Vancouver restaurant question Italian and/or steak/seafood

azguy

Hello, I've been searching the board for some info on Vancouver restaurants and I haven't quite found what we're looking for.

We will be in Vancouver one night, the last night of our two week vacation. I would like to find a nice restaurant but one that isn't "dress up" fancy, if possible.

I really like seafood & steaks. My wife likes Italian and chicken dishes (i.e. not a seafood/steak fan). I'm okay with Italian and she's okay with a steak/seafood place that has other stuff (which is most of them).

Any suggestions for locations? One person on the board mentioned The Keg in response to another post, but that is a chain and we have one here in my town. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

I don't think you will have a problem finding good restaurants in Vancouver as it is a very cosmopolitan city and shares the same distinction as the entire West Coast in having good food compared to the rest of Canada unless you are in Montreal or Toronto.

at Gotham's and Hy's Encore. Italian is Don Fransesco on Burrard,Cirrcolo,any Umberto restaurant.

These are dress up places and you should make reservations. If interested,I will give you numbers.

Archived