Photo developing in Nassau?

BananaAnna

Here many drug stores, Wal-mart, etc. have a kiosk with while-you-wait or 1-hour photo developing/printing. Is there anywhere in Nassau that does that?

sorry, I don't know of any photo printing shops in the nearby area.

Why do you need it before you get back home??? just one more thing to pack.

sorry, I don't know of any photo printing shops in the nearby area.

Why do you need it before you get back home??? just one more thing to pack.

i wanted to be able to distribute some pictures to other people I'll be seeing on the ship but that i don't/won't have mailing addresses for.

thank you very much for your reply. how do folks that live there develop their pictures?

this is my 7th visit to nassau and i was thinking i would just work on a project while there. i drive to port so even if i have a little extra to bring home it's no big deal.

thanks again!

i wanted to be able to distribute some pictures to other people I'll be seeing on the ship but that i don't/won't have mailing addresses for.

thank you very much for your reply. how do folks that live there develop their pictures?

this is my 7th visit to nassau and i was thinking i would just work on a project while there. i drive to port so even if i have a little extra to bring home it's no big deal.

thanks again!

Most of us print at home if we print at all. Most of us just keep digital except a few special shots. .. there are some photo studios inland (not easy to find).. but I don't know of any that do same day service.

I actually do some freelance photography, and print all my own prints and do my own matting.

Most of us print at home if we print at all. Most of us just keep digital except a few special shots. .. there are some photo studios inland (not easy to find).. but I don't know of any that do same day service.

I actually do some freelance photography, and print all my own prints and do my own matting.

i guess i've gotten spoiled.... within a couple of miles of my house there are maybe 4 different places to have prints made from your media card for about 10¢ each.

thanks so much for your help!

i guess i've gotten spoiled.... within a couple of miles of my house there are maybe 4 different places to have prints made from your media card for about 10¢ each.

thanks so much for your help!

As a NY'er living in the bahamas.. I find alot of things "not so easy".

If I needed photos, I'd have them developed next time I was in florida..

If you are planning to do this on multiple cruises (and have some extra room in your luggage), you could take along your own portable photo printer. They run about $150 but over the life of the unit it makes photos really cheap.

You can see reviews here:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2361069,00.asp

I have used an HP in the past, but it looks like Epson is the better choice in quality and ease of use.

Thanks for all the input guys!

I didn't want to go into detail earlier in case my roll call peeps read this but since it doesn't look like it's gonna happen, here goes.....

Our roll call for this cruise has been a blast. About 10 of us have become fb friends and even have a private group. We talk daily/almost daily.

Since we are cruising in December I was thinking about putting together one of those little calendars you see with photos in it. Since I wouldn't have photos of our group and antics until during the cruise I figured I could print and assemble the calendars before the cruise, then during the cruise print the photos and glue them to each page.

At our last hurrah on the ship I'd give them to a few of the folks I've been interacting with for so long as a little momento. Silly, yes, but I think this group would get a kick out of them.

I've worked in printing/copying over the years so producing the calendar is no problem at all. I'm driving to port so a little extra baggage is no big deal.

Printing the photos myself isn't gonna work. I actually have a printer at home that will do that but I just don't.

I've googled 'nassau photo developing' and may have a few leads. These businesses are showing up as places offering 1-hour printing.

Fine Image at Shirley Street & Kemp Road

Pro Photo in Base Road Business Center

Jones Imaging in Prince Charles Shopping Center

Kodak Express at Leeco Building Thompson Boulevard

I'll do more research if time permits to determine where they are physically located, are they still in business, do they still offer this service, etc.

Thanks again for everyones help!

Thanks for all the input guys!

I didn't want to go into detail earlier in case my roll call peeps read this but since it doesn't look like it's gonna happen, here goes.....

Our roll call for this cruise has been a blast. About 10 of us have become fb friends and even have a private group. We talk daily/almost daily.

Since we are cruising in December I was thinking about putting together one of those little calendars you see with photos in it. Since I wouldn't have photos of our group and antics until during the cruise I figured I could print and assemble the calendars before the cruise, then during the cruise print the photos and glue them to each page.

At our last hurrah on the ship I'd give them to a few of the folks I've been interacting with for so long as a little momento. Silly, yes, but I think this group would get a kick out of them.

I've worked in printing/copying over the years so producing the calendar is no problem at all. I'm driving to port so a little extra baggage is no big deal.

Printing the photos myself isn't gonna work. I actually have a printer at home that will do that but I just don't.

I've googled 'nassau photo developing' and may have a few leads. These businesses are showing up as places offering 1-hour printing.

Fine Image at Shirley Street & Kemp Road

Pro Photo in Base Road Business Center

Jones Imaging in Prince Charles Shopping Center

Kodak Express at Leeco Building Thompson Boulevard

I'll do more research if time permits to determine where they are physically located, are they still in business, do they still offer this service, etc.

Thanks again for everyones help!

Sorry to say that nassau is not the kind of place that you want to go wandering around. Even if they were open. I don't recognize any of these shops. Also, you should check the pricing. Nassau is very expensive. My peeps use to send to the states to develop their prints.. just saying

scubagirrl - another potential place that sounds like it is within the tourist area - Mr Photo on Market near Bay. I'll check further on it.

Safe enough to walk to.. make sure that you get the prices up front.. as I said.. pricing in the bahamas is not like in the states.. and make sure you are aware of the store hours. Some independent shops take long lunch hours or just close to do errands.. make sure you agree on a time.

Archived