First cruise...turned down upgrade fairy....

hannahsmomtoo

So the upgrade fairy just called...

We are in an 8e lido balcony..

They offered a suite for $260 more per person.. $520 total.

I declined... I am thrilled we even have a balcony for our first cruise..I dont want to go nuts and have a suite lol! I also would rather spend the $ on ports and excurions at this point..

But Im just so happy they even called! :D

They start calling at the top of the balconys, so since you were a 8E, the value is doubtfull .. if you were in a 8A, by the time, if they do, get to them, it might be worth it.

I would turn it down too. A balcony is a balcony, you dont necessarily need a bigger one for only 2 people.

PS I bet it wasnt a grand suite, since you dont say which one.. if not that category.. not worth it anyway to me.

I agree...I am happy with an Inside if I don't have the DH with me

what ever it takes to get to cruise with my friends :)

I would rather save the $ and cruise more...

a Balcony, is always a treat, who needs a suite anyway...

Yeah, that would be setting the bar pretty high if you had a suite on your first cruise! What if you wouldn't settle for anything less on future cruises?! You made a good decision - you won't be in your cabin much anyway, on your first cruise you have to try everything to do on board.

Hope you have a wonderful time!:)

So the upgrade fairy just called...

We are in an 8e lido balcony..

They offered a suite for $260 more per person.. $520 total.

I declined... I am thrilled we even have a balcony for our first cruise..I dont want to go nuts and have a suite lol! I also would rather spend the $ on ports and excurions at this point..

But Im just so happy they even called! :D

That would be the upsell fairy. Upgrades are free.

We went on our first cruise in June on the Imagination. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary, son's high school graduation and daughter's college graduation. Since it was like pulling teeth to get my husband on a cruise, I splurged on a grand suite(figuring this would be our only time cruising). Two weeks before we were to go, I got a call asking if we would want to have the owner's suite. It was a mere $1500 extra, no thanks. Since we had never been on a cruise, let alone the Imagination, I'm glad we couldn't afford it, as it seems to be in quite the noisy location on the ship!!:) I can't imagine being in that suite and trying to sleep, although it looks really neat! Glad I'm not the only one who turns things down.

I agree...I am happy with an Inside if I don't have the DH with me

what ever it takes to get to cruise with my friends :)

I would rather save the $ and cruise more...

a Balcony, is always a treat, who needs a suite anyway...

Amen. I agree. You mostly just sleep and shower there.

I would have declined as well. On my first Carnival cruise we got a free upgrade from a balcony guarantee to a suite. I thought we were ruined for life. Next cruise we booked an extended balcony and we were very satisfied with it. It's not worth a ton of extra money.

Archived