Booking Age Restrictions (minors with parents)

I have decided to book 3 staterooms on the Oasis for my myself, my husband, and my 4 children. The rooms look a bit cramped and don't want my 4 kids to have to share that tiny bathroom or come bugging us to use ours. The booking agent told me that as long as the parents are in an "adjacent room" then the 21 years of age requirement is waived and the kids can be booked in their own rooms on either side of us. I see that the FAQs on RCIs website says that the rooms need to be connecting. I just wanted to make sure that the booking agent told me currently. I am currently booked in 3 adjacent rooms. I could always switch it around, get two connecting rooms, and put my husband in a separate room but that would cost more (only D4s and up are connecting) and would cause room key confusion. I guess I just want reassurance from other cruisers that adjacent (as in side-by-side with no inside connecting door) rooms will be okay. I am paranoid....haha

I have decided to book 3 staterooms on the Oasis for my myself, my husband, and my 4 children. The rooms look a bit cramped and don't want my 4 kids to have to share that tiny bathroom or come bugging us to use ours. The booking agent told me that as long as the parents are in an "adjacent room" then the 21 years of age requirement is waived and the kids can be booked in their own rooms on either side of us. I see that the FAQs on RCIs website says that the rooms need to be connecting. I just wanted to make sure that the booking agent told me currently. I am currently booked in 3 adjacent rooms. I could always switch it around, get two connecting rooms, and put my husband in a separate room but that would cost more (only D4s and up are connecting) and would cause room key confusion. I guess I just want reassurance from other cruisers that adjacent (as in side-by-side with no inside connecting door) rooms will be okay. I am paranoid....haha

It's been our experience that adjacent rooms are allowed, in addition to rooms directly across the corridor.

It's been our experience that adjacent rooms are allowed, in addition to rooms directly across the corridor.

We have had the same experience. The kids need to be next to or directly across the hall from the parents to be booked in their own cabin.

Make sure to get extra keys so that you can get into their cabins and if you them into yours. Guest services can get the keys for you.

Excellent! That's what the booking agent told me! Adjacent or across the hall. Thank you.

We book this way all the time, not a problem, where are you in the line of 3 cabins, we did have an issue with one booking where we, the adults, had to be in the middle cabin, so we had the kids on both sides of us.

Archived