Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Just consider it a "long walk off a short pier" ;)

Normally I am not real fond of heights..but I might be tempted to give it a try...what's the worst thing that could happen? Ooops nevermind I think I know! :D

Lol...me too...even tangling there would freek me out...lol

I'm on the fence about interiors on an Alaskan cruise. On one hand we could go on a cruise with a retractable roof, but then that means that we might have an issue with finding a comfortable spot to view. Also I'm ALWAYS cold so I wonder if I could really enjoy the balcony. I'm thinking ideally I would LOVE an oversized oceanview if one exists. Lol.

Regarding Bermuda, I agree about focusing on the stateroom.

The thing with Alaska is that most of the cruise is between 2 very close land masses. Then, the big one for my wife and I, when you go into one of the Glacier Bay or something similar people are crowded on to the decks to look. If you are on your balcony, most of the ships will show the glacier to both sides so you can just order up some hot cocoa, a blanket and watch the glaciers in warm comfort with your SO/family.

Michael

The thing with Alaska is that most of the cruise is between 2 very close land masses. Then, the big one for my wife and I, when you go into one of the Glacier Bay or something similar people are crowded on to the decks to look. If you are on your balcony, most of the ships will show the glacier to both sides so you can just order up some hot cocoa, a blanket and watch the glaciers in warm comfort with your SO/family.

Michael

Michael, you are right. I just didn't know how to explain it. There is so much beauty to see in Alaska, and with a balcony you see it all, even when docked.

Wow just got thru this whole thread, great board..been reading for days. We are on the inaugural cruise in April, I have become obsessed with this ship. We booked a balcony deck 8 , 8778

Donna

I think we are all obsessed with the ship. I'm going in May. Can't wait!!!:)

Michael, you are right. I just didn't know how to explain it. There is so much beauty to see in Alaska, and with a balcony you see it all, even when docked.

I would sit out on my balcony late at night when my wife was sleeping and just watch the darkness of a sparsely populated state with the occasional light. It was just really relaxing for me. After being used to living in an area with ~6 million folks.... It was nice to see darkness (even with the ship lights).

Michael

I think we are all obsessed with the ship. I'm going in May. Can't wait!!!:)

I don't leave until September, but I am also type A...... So I will know everything I can about this ship and Bermuda before I leave.

I asked this question previously, so I apologize for that, but hoping someone

Here might know the answer at this time. I've called Norwegian, but their reps don't know either, so I figured someone here may know.

I was wondering if anyone knows if The Breakaway will have connecting balconies? We always cruise with a group friends and get balconies that connect. Can't find if these connect or not.

does anyone know if the haven 2 bed family suite balcony will have lounge chairs or regular chairs on them? please say lounge....:D

No idea, too early to tell. I am wondering that about our room as well. But in any case remember that you can just ask your room steward and he will get them for you.

The Ems River conveyance for Norwegian Breakaway is now back on!!!

Papenburg March 8, 2013 -

The newest and the biggest cruise ship built at Meyer Werft, the Norwegian Breakaway, is expected on Tuesday, March 12, 2013, to leave Papenburg on its River Ems conveyance to the North Sea and transfer to Eemshaven (Netherlands). The arrival in Eemshaven is scheduled for early Wednesday morning.

The ship will then later dock for several days at the Columbus Quay in Bremerhaven, Germany for evaluation and testing before beginning sea trails at the end of March in the North Sea.

For the conveyance, the following timetable: (all times local)

Tuesday 12, March 2013

10.30 clock Passing the lock (Papenburg)

13.45 clock passing the Frisians Bridge (Weener)

16.00 clock passes the Jann-Berghaus Bridge (Empty)

20.30 clock arrival Emssperrwerk (Gandersum)

Wednesday 13, March 2013

00.45 clock passing Emssperrwerk

All specifications are subject to wind and weather conditions, water levels and subject to change. Time delays are possible!

The departure of the vessel in Papenburg harbor and the Passing the lock will be broadcast live on the Internet. The webcam is on the homepage of the Meyer Werft found under: http://www.meyerwerft.de.

va7yde3a.jpg

Thanks for voting, keep it coming!

I believe so.

Hi, Stephen!

I believe you're in the one to the right of the one you selected. By the way I like your software better than mine, it looks smother, what are you using?

I have not read anything about it yet, but from the looks of it Epic has it. I see no reason why Breakaway would not have it.

I use Snag-It...which I like a lot. I think it was about $40 (work paid for it).

Stephen

So, to clarify...THIS would be 14142:

14142_zps17e65adc.jpg

Thanks,

Stephen

I did the ropes course on Carnival Magic, and the harness was connected to a track that ran along the top. The obstacles were paired up with one being more difficult than the other and you were able to choose which path to take. I would assume that the plank would be the same way where you'd be able to choose whether to take a "detour" out on the plank or not.

I can't wait to try the plank, although I might do it while in port the first time around. Something about being out in the middle of that much water with the ship moving freaks me out a bit.

I slipped off once and my advice would be to remember to let go and trust the harness. I slipped once and burned my hand because I was holding to tight to the strap.

Anyone know exactly how the slides work? Do you stand on a platform that drops out or push off some sort of ledge. I couldn't tell for sure.

I voted also-hope it went thru!! He deserves all the help we can give him!!!

We are booked in 10196-is this considered a "hump" cabin? and if so, what if any, are the advantages. One thought I did have-wondering if it might be noisy on the balcony from the bars and restaurants below us. Anyone have any concerns about this?

Oh no, I never thought about this, we are in 10198, what date is your cruise?

does anyone one have any info on this whole "plank" experience?

do you walk the plank into chummed waters? after being cut?

is it just walking a 2x6 with a safety harness? (some of us do that all day at work) where could the thrill possibly be in that?

just wondering

does anyone one have any info on this whole "plank" experience?

do you walk the plank into chummed waters? after being cut?

is it just walking a 2x6 with a safety harness? (some of us do that all day at work) where could the thrill possibly be in that?

just wondering

lol - this made me laugh as my husband works for the power company. When he did rapelling on the Epic, he said "why am I doing this - I wear a harness higher in the air than this" LOL!!

I can't wait to see what the plank entails.

Archived