Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

They have rolled out a new program across the fleet. The program on the Breakaway should be the same as the Epic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Thank you I will look for epic info:)

On the NCL UK website they seem to have updated the room description of the S7 Forward Facing Haven Penthouse Suites. Deck 13 now says Privacy Balcony.

Breakaway 13106 The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse With

Balcony 13 Standard Capacity - 3 , Wheelchair Accessible

Cabin Includes Convertible Single Sofa Bed ,

Certified Butler Service , Foldable Sleeper/Playpen , Port

Side , Cabin Square Footage (377) , Safety Deposit Box ,

Telephone , Bathtub , Sprinklers , Tea And Coffee Maker ,

Shower , Total Square Footage (409) , Forward Section ,

Balcony Square Footage (32) , Pier Forward , Convertible Lower

Beds (2) , Desk , Wheelchair Accessible , Clothes Line In

Bathroom , Internet Access , Concierge Concierge Available

Upon Request, Floor To Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors ,

Refrigerator , Mini Bar , Hair Dryer , Television ,

Privasea Balcony

Someone on another thread had contacted their PCC at NCL today and was emailed this drawing of one of the S7 Forward Facing Haven Penthouse Suites (13706) on Breakaway. I think it clearly shows the room layout and hull balcony.

attachment.php?attachmentid=265060&d=1363806536

if Ncl are going off this drawing no wonder they have not posted the floor plan.:)

Thanks for posting it

I left a week and a half ago on vacation and came back to almost 35 pages of reading about Breakaway :). Thanks to all who posted photos, I was in Disney hell...err vacation the kids picked...and missed all the action!

Can't wait for March 2014!

The ship does look lovely! Keep those great videos and photo's coming, everyone!!!

BTW, the music in the video is Edvard Grieg's Peer Gynt Suite #1, Morning Mood. Edvard Grieg is one of the most famous composers from Norway (since he was "Norwegian", I assuming that is why they chose this particular music).

I love the video and the fact that you know this music! I recognize it but did not know the composer & title. Thanks!!

I can't interpret that floorplan, except that the bathroom is huge, and the bath (not bathroom) doesn't seem to be where it seems to be in the rendering on the Breakaway page. Can the balcony fit a lounger? What is the chaos around the forward window? A balcony, or just chaos? What is the long (up / down) blue rectangle on the right? Does the bathroom have a window or porthole?

Does this floorplan explain why aspirin sales went up in Papenburg/Meyer Werft during the last year?

Another wonderful photo! Based almost completely on the info on this thread, I booked this ship for November 10th! I'm in 10768, would love to see a circle around it (hint, hint). I see you will be on the Silhouette in a few days, Gambee.... I sailed on her last April and she is a beauty! I hope you have a wonderful time! Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful info! I wish I could give you all an onboard credit because you deserve it!

:D

Are you saying it will go slower than other ships?

Well, from the stats listed on the NCL site...the Breakaway is billed as 21 knots, cruise speed. The Dawn and Jewel class used to be billed as 25 knots, and I have been aboard them at that speed. Recently they have been 'derated' down to 22.5 knots, but I believe that they probably can still go 25 if necessary. The Epic is billed at 20.2, so it is a slight improvement there.

I wonder if anyone knows what speed she maxed out at during the sea trials?

:D

Well, from the stats listed on the NCL site...the Breakaway is billed as 21 knots, cruise speed. The Dawn and Jewel class used to be billed as 25 knots, and I have been aboard them at that speed. Recently they have been 'derated' down to 22.5 knots, but I believe that they probably can still go 25 if necessary. The Epic is billed at 20.2, so it is a slight improvement there.

I wonder if anyone knows what speed she maxed out at during the sea trials?

I looked at her AIS track on her way to Bremerhaven, and noticed she did move at 22.7 knots at one point.....but that is the GPS speed, and could be with a following wind or current....

Thanks Gambee. Beautiful picture. Would love to see a recent close up of the top front of Breakaway if you find one.

I know right! I been looking for one of those, but so far no go. Hopefully some one on a helicopter will post on soon.

Another wonderful photo! Based almost completely on the info on this thread, I booked this ship for November 10th! I'm in 10768, would love to see a circle around it (hint, hint). I see you will be on the Silhouette in a few days, Gambee.... I sailed on her last April and she is a beauty! I hope you have a wonderful time! Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful info! I wish I could give you all an onboard credit because you deserve it!

Norwegian-Breakaway_MG_8894_small_zps996fc725.png

Can't wait to board only a few more days :D, this is our first time in Celebrity!

My appologies if this has been asked and answered here, i didn't make it through all 115 pages of this thread. :o

The Breakaway is scheduled to arrive in New York on May 7, but doesn't begin her Bermuda run until the 12th...what does she do in the meantime? I don't see any one or two night trips scheduled, so does she go back out to sea or sit in port for five days?

My appologies if this has been asked and answered here, i didn't make it through all 115 pages of this thread. :o

The Breakaway is scheduled to arrive in New York on May 7, but doesn't begin her Bermuda run until the 12th...what does she do in the meantime? I don't see any one or two night trips scheduled, so does she go back out to sea or sit in port for five days?

I could be wrong here, but I believe that it is a short cruise for people in the Bizz. Ncl people as well as TA and such, I guess to maybe learn the product and such.

Like I said I am not sure about this.

Gee thanks! I am in 11768, so I am guessing that my cabin in somewhere above the arrow in this picture! :)

I know right! I been looking for one of those, but so far no go. Hopefully some one on a helicopter will post on soon.

Norwegian-Breakaway_MG_8894_small_zps996fc725.png

Can't wait to board only a few more days :D, this is our first time in Celebrity!

I could be wrong here, but I believe that it is a short cruise for people in the Bizz. Ncl people as well as TA and such, I guess to maybe learn the product and such.

Like I said I am not sure about this.

There is to be a Christianing Ceremony on May 8th with The Rockettes. Then there at least one short cruise for invited guests before the Inaugural Cruise to Bermuda on the Sunday the 12th of May.

Archived